Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Yea we changed the rear main, we had to because the one that was in there was pretty rooted.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Looks much nicer.

How was your OEM clutch dealing with the 110KW? Slipping or holding? Obviously burnt to the sh!thouse lol.

Clutch was slipping hard, It basically wasn't able to hit boost. As soon as it hit boost it would reline because the clutch just slipped.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah I've heard the SOHC D16 OEM clutches tend to start slipping around the 100kw mark, making the OEM clutch useless for pretty much any boosted setup.

Sounds like a good setup to me though. 110kw is perfect IMO for the SOHC D around the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Yeah I've heard the SOHC D16 OEM clutches tend to start slipping around the 100kw mark, making the OEM clutch useless for pretty much any boosted setup.

Sounds like a good setup to me though. 110kw is perfect IMO for the SOHC D around the streets.
    Totally agree the power on the car is perfect for what I want at the moment. I haven't driven a turbo car on the track yet so I'm thinking this is a good start. And then ill gradually boost more and more including reenforcing the motor.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 Civic GLi 2d
    Got the Civic running and im on low boost as well, very comfortable how it is and fun to drive! I like your set up too man, hope you have fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam2kl4u View Post
    Got the Civic running and im on low boost as well, very comfortable how it is and fun to drive! I like your set up too man, hope you have fun with it.
    Went to wakefield park on Saturday for some testing of the new setup. We didn't do any good times since there was so much traffic, but my injectors aren't putting enough fuel into the system so its running lean through the corners and then cutting power.

Just dont have confidence in the corners coz i dont want to break it. Ill install injectors go forged pistons and ill be back next year with my sub 1:10.

here is the video;

Member Array
    Car:
    99 Civic GLi 2d
    Quote Originally Posted by fezzy101 View Post
    Went to wakefield park on Saturday for some testing of the new setup. We didn't do any good times since there was so much traffic, but my injectors aren't putting enough fuel into the system so its running lean through the corners and then cutting power.

Just dont have confidence in the corners coz i dont want to break it. Ill install injectors go forged pistons and ill be back next year with my sub 1:10.

here is the video;
    Cant wait to go to the track ay. Looks fun as. I tried running stock injectors too but I wasn't getting enough fuel to go over 5.5k rpm at the dyno so we had to upgrade.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Ek
    U guys should check out my Ek1 2000, ran 60,000km and its white! Perfect <3

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    you should be able to get away with increasing your fuel pressure if you don't want to swap out injectors. Its not ideal - but it will work to a limit...
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Quote Originally Posted by Sexc86 View Post
    you should be able to get away with increasing your fuel pressure if you don't want to swap out injectors. Its not ideal - but it will work to a limit...
    See the thing is that the injectors are already at 100% so increasing the pressure wont change much.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam2kl4u
    Cant wait to go to the track ay. Looks fun as. I tried running stock injectors too but I wasn't getting enough fuel to go over 5.5k rpm at the dyno so we had to upgrade.
    I had the same problem so i had to lower the boost to 5psi making 100kws at the wheels, but yea as i said the injectors are maxed out. On a side note I'm very excited for the JDMYARD meet that is on this Saturday.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    This is strange i made nearly 120wkw @ 10psi on my d15b7 with stock injectors and just a fuel regulator
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation