Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by fezzy101 View Post
    Yea I have already got a stage 2 clutch kit sitting on my desk. But the car needs to be working before I install it.
    Yea the car hasnt got allot left in it, its pretty track orientated. I think ill be happy with 140kws for now, considering its a huge jump from stock, ill train to drive the car on the track and then go for more power.

As I have learnt ypu dont need stacks of power to go fast. 1:13.5 fastest lap around wakefield na. Im shooting for sub 1:10s with the extra power
    exactly, but with that sorta figures 140 atw, starts getting uncontrollable without an lsd around corners, id love an lsd in my car, tryna put down all the power in a corner isnt fun with an open diff as ive experience , defs need a some sort of an lsd to make it more manageable if its a track car with a added turbo
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    exactly, but with that sorta figures 140 atw, starts getting uncontrollable without an lsd around corners, id love an lsd in my car, tryna put down all the power in a corner isnt fun with an open diff as ive experience , defs need a some sort of an lsd to make it more manageable if its a track car with a added turbo
    So in regards to LSD, JDMyard has an LSD for about $1500 which is looking like the standard price for LSD.

But then when you get them from the US you can get them for about $1000 Shipped over. The next mission is the instillation.

Here is a quick shot of my bucket seat

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Fezzy do ya research before throwing in an LSD, talk to a few tuner and honda shops as they may know of a 2nd hand LSD. I did a number of track days without an LSD after I turbo'd n E85'd and lets just say clouds of smoke for 50m outta hairpins does nuthin for lap times. once down at Winton I thought Id fukked my motor there was so much Smoke ! lol

I ended up putting an MFactory LSD as reports from US R18a owners was good, only $680 + freight it has turned out to be a very wise investment, at Wakefield I dropped over 1 sec purely from the LSD. Funny thing was when the LSD turned up it had K20 on the box and thought theyd fukked up , nope my R18a actually uses a K20 LSD, if Id know this at the time I coulda grabbed a number of cheaper 2nd hand LSD's.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    So in regards to LSD, JDMyard has an LSD for about $1500 which is looking like the standard price for LSD.

But then when you get them from the US you can get them for about $1000 Shipped over. The next mission is the instillation.
    u definitely need LSD, i ran turbo b18c on track and u can not put the power down.
    Mfactory LSD is much cheaper, and its good.

get 1.5way LSD if it is a track car.

i gain 4 sec at barbagallo short track by installing LSD and good tyres.

funny tho when i just install the LSD running 595 tyres, i actually went slower by 2 sec, i think the LSD demanded the tyres for more grip that 595 couldnt give.
    switching to R888 helps.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Also can get KAAZ around 1k

shop around for best price rather than pay 1.5k in aus.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    Also can get KAAZ around 1k

shop around for best price rather than pay 1.5k in aus.
    i havent seen KAAZ for 1k.

1k USD?

shipping might be high due to weight tho.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Yea I don't need to buy anything yet I mean the car isnt even started yet, (should be started in a few days.) I think when you guys mentioned all you see is smoke coming from the wheels, you need to consider moderation of the accelerator, Yes i know i will probably get some wheel spin but i think ill be able to control it with good modulation of the right foot.

But yes if i want to do decent times i need to get the LSD and the bigger brakes. Note ill also be getting wider wheels semi slick soon. I'm potentially going to go to 5 stud and use a 225mm all round, and just use over fenders.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    unfortunately guys, the d-series has no love when it comes to LSD, 2 options really, M factory or Quaife

if money is tight than mfactory hands down, if not than quaife ftw

than there are alternatives ....... hrmmmmm ..... phanton grip lsd (not a true lsd) or OBX lsd are the dark side, cheap for a reason, they are just plagued with problems or worse leads to blown trannys/diffs, plenty of stories online
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EK hatch, DC2
    Yea its definitely an ebay kit no doubt about it, I did my research before purchasing the kit however.

The kit is a Godspeed D-Series Kit and cost me $1175, but i have spent money on other things to make the kit as reliable as possible.
    what sort of stuff did you change ?

Quote Originally Posted by hoaanguyen View Post
    what sort of stuff did you change ?
    Purchased an aftermarket External waste-gate
    The dump pipe on the system which connected up to a flex wasn't the best of quality so that's why i had a custom exhaust made from the turbo back.
    They come with a knockoff HKS Blow off valve, but I didn't want it connected so atm its just acting as a plug.
    The oil return lines didn't really work so i had to get that custom fitted.
    also i purchased an aftermarket oil feed line and had to modify the adapter on the turbo side because the aluminum adapter provided is very very flimsy and got threaded after the first time i used it.

It might sounds stupid but i also replaced all the bolts on the system with my own because i didnt trust their strength.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Purchased an aftermarket External waste-gate
    The dump pipe on the system which connected up to a flex wasn't the best of quality so that's why i had a custom exhaust made from the turbo back.
    They come with a knockoff HKS Blow off valve, but I didn't want it connected so atm its just acting as a plug.
    The oil return lines didn't really work so i had to get that custom fitted.
    also i purchased an aftermarket oil feed line and had to modify the adapter on the turbo side because the aluminum adapter provided is very very flimsy and got threaded after the first time i used it.

It might sounds stupid but i also replaced all the bolts on the system with my own because i didnt trust their strength.
    Wouldn't it have been cheaper if you didn't buy the Ebay turbo kit in the first place?
    And bought everything piece by piece (quality , not knock offs)
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum