Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Where abouts on the windscreen is the crack and how long has it been there?

Cracks that have been left there for awhile that are in the driver's direct line of sight - most windscreen companies may be hesitant to use the usual resin & seal method to fix it as it will only seal it but visually it will still be there and customers usually complain that it hasn't been fixed properly hence recommending other options

tommy, roys windscreen in dandenong. took literally 15 minutes from when i rolled in. depends on the car but usually 150-200. they told me would be around 200-250 for less common cars like some imports. just give em a call. it came with sick windscreen tint at the top, does mad for glare
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    tommy, roys windscreen in dandenong. took literally 15 minutes from when i rolled in. depends on the car but usually 150-200. they told me would be around 200-250 for less common cars like some imports. just give em a call. it came with sick windscreen tint at the top, does mad for glare
    so cheap
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Quote Originally Posted by muzukashi View Post
    Where abouts on the windscreen is the crack and how long has it been there?

Cracks that have been left there for awhile that are in the driver's direct line of sight - most windscreen companies may be hesitant to use the usual resin & seal method to fix it as it will only seal it but visually it will still be there and customers usually complain that it hasn't been fixed properly hence recommending other options
    been there since Saturday morning, might just drive it around until it cracks then I'll get the whole thing replaced if it's around the $150 - 200 mark.

Member Array
    Car:
    Int5

Windscreen chip/crack

Mate, don't drive it around til it cracks.
    I went with RACV for my DC5 $97 onsite repair, they'll have to drill into the crack and fill it with resin gel compound.
    They also do windscreen replacement, i remember they quoted approx $400 onsite

http://www.racv.com.au/wps/wcm/conne...lacement+costs
    Last edited by int5; 01-10-2013 at 03:47 PM.

if anyone in sydney needs a contact for new windscreens hit up Russ @ http://www.acewindscreens.com.au

Stone chip fixes from $77

tell him Jez sent you and he will give you a good price on a new window. we use him at the shop when we need a new screen. great price aswell.