Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Banned for trying to promote and encourage group buys?

Why would this happen? I'm keen to know the reasoning behind this. Did someone collect money for a group buy and shoot thru?

I think its more to do with OH not wanting to deal with the headaches more than one unhappy customer from a sale not involving them. As is with OH acting as only a medium in which for people to communicate to each other, there are problems now and then including people wanting to involve OH -_-
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    I think its more to do with OH not wanting to deal with the headaches more than one unhappy customer from a sale not involving them. As is with OH acting as only a medium in which for people to communicate to each other, there are problems now and then including people wanting to involve OH -_-
    summed up pretty well

seen on plenty of other forums where buys have been aranged, everything looks legit, then either the parts arrive and they aren't what they expected or the organiser vanishes into thin air.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    this forum has an insane rules lol

Would you like to run a site where people who are completely unknown to everyone are organising big buys and collecting a lot of money to potentially purchase goods?

I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tboy View Post
    this forum has an insane rules lol

You have NO idea

Rules are what they are , from previous experiences and common sense guys. Full stop,

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    I don't think OH has the obligation to take any responsibility for outcomes(or failures) of group buys organised by members.
    Therefore the rule is more likely to protect us instead than to protect OH.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    unfortunately they could be partially left responsible so please check with mods if your unsure.
    we dont want any litigation or threats their of (from cuz) like we got from certain BackYard Performance companys when things go bad
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Quote Originally Posted by ansontheway View Post
    I don't think OH has the obligation to take any responsibility for outcomes(or failures) of group buys organised by members.
    Therefore the rule is more likely to protect us instead than to protect OH.
    Yup, agree but doesn't stop people going, "Shouldn't OH do more to stop this kind of thing from happening?" so better to kill it before it starts rather than wait for it to blow up -_-
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    S2ki has the same concerns. GBs can only be organised by paying members whose details are registered to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    S2ki has the same concerns. GBs can only be organised by paying members whose details are registered to the site.

GBs can only be organised by traders on this site. They are generally accountable and traceable compared to faceless members.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    BackYard Performance
    I see what you did there. teehee