Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo1210 View Post
    Something else got me thinking about the 17" wheel package vs. 16" package last night...

I drive down this crap quite often...

Now ignoring the suspension comment I stated earlier, but the tyres itself, am I going to have shredded tyres at this rate with 17" wheels cause of the thinner rubber? Like rim to rubber and crap roads out west???
    Thats nothing. You will naturally learn where to drive if you have to go through that everyday.
    The road going into my house is like a teenagers pimply face and I can go through it at about 30km/h
    in a car thats 7cm off the ground (At the bumper. So exhaust is a lot lower)
    So I'm sure you will learn

As for tyres. I get cheap china junk in the rears ($65 Each) and they last me about 6 months. But keep in mind i have a lot of Camber. Ideally cheaper tyres lasts longer than expensive tyres. Cheap tyres are made with a Mild/Hard compound making them wear slower BUT sacrificing grip. And vice versa Expensive tyres are made with a soft compound, Wears quick but HEAPS of grip.

But since you're on stock suspension so your tyres wont wear fast. and a decent set will last about 3 years depending on your driving.

Quote Originally Posted by nicho View Post
    It really depends on the size of the Cr kai's. For a stock suspension, i think you can have a max of 9 width before it scrubs.
    Not necessarily. The rims offset plays a VERY big part in choosing wheel sizes. I used to have Staggered CR Kais 17x8+32 & 17x9+38 215/40 all around.
    And only got a little rubbing from my passenger rear because of the fuel line (Nothing Major) Just cut the plastic and put some heavy duty tape over it and problem solved.
    BUT thats with the car slammed on its ass so stock height shouldn't be a problem.

ALSO!!!!

Slammed On Stock Wheels FTW!

I have a 08 civic vti. I am thinking about getting 17" alloy wheels like the one on the fd civic sport. Can I still buy them from the dealer ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    ^more chance to buy it off wreckers or someone on gumtree or ozhonda. save yourself $$

Quote Originally Posted by jprak View Post
    ^more chance to buy it off wreckers or someone on gumtree or ozhonda. save yourself $$
    Yup. Yup.