Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxer View Post
    Everyone knows stretching tires isn't exactly legal, although I havent yet been shown a law that rules it out.

If you think my car looks jdm, maybe you should stick to reading more instead of posting and learn about different styles.
    you have problems with comprehending texts. I did not say that your car was jdm. What do you mean a law that rules it out? Its unsafe to drive on for the reasons we just said, So it would go under NOT ROAD WORTHY.Not road worthy is quite a broad law. It covers anything that makes the car unsafe.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    and the whole sentence you wrote was bullshit.
    Haha, but you can't seem to explain why. Settle pettle :P
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    regardless, it has nothing to do with OP's air leak.
    Actually, a tyre's sidewall is meant to be mounted so it runs close to parallel with the faces of the wheel.

When you stretch a tyre it changes the angle of load of the air pressure within the tyre.

So where the tyre mates to the wheel it's experiencing an air pressure direction it was not meant to, and if you include camber into the equation, the weight of the vehicle will also help deform the tyre.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Everyone knows stretching tires isn't exactly legal, although I havent yet been shown a law that rules it out.

If you think my car looks jdm, maybe you should stick to reading more instead of posting and learn about different styles.
    Guise pls, just all stop.

Oxers car is clearly audm special

Oxer you still haven't explained why you think a stretched tyre is as safe as mounting a normal tyre.
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

It also looks bad.

Why don't people just flare there guards and fit the wheels properly instead of fitting them all weird and sideways so the car looks ugly and broken?

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    Guise pls, just all stop.

Oxers car is clearly audm special

Oxer you still haven't explained why you think a stretched tyre is as safe as mounting a normal tyre.

Mounting is no different, they bead the same, they hold the same pressure, they run on the same pressure, they handle no differently.

all you guys are forgetting that tires are made of that flexible stuff called rubber, along with nylon and steel.

If you're anal, the lack of sidewall flex is transferred to the tread that is contacting the ground. Depending on the compound of tire this may cause premature wear, but of course driving on the road doing the speed limit doesn't wear the tire as much as say "spirited" driving.

In terms of roadworthy-ness, you're only allowed to go 15mm taller or shorter in rolling diameter, and the same goes for width, when compared to the factory tire size, found on your placard on the drivers side pillar (assuming its a 90's model honda that hasn't been resprayed) So anyone rolling a 15x8 with a 225/50 is technically "unroadworthy" in victoria anyways.

The angle of a tire's sidewall has nothing to do with the bead of the tire. If you've ever looked at an unmounted tire, the bead surface isnt a square 90 degrees. Also the bead surface on the wheel is usually larger then the bead surface on the tire, and also has a lip that acts as a "fail-safe" of sorts. The reason wheels and tire diameters are made in intervals of inches is due to the fact that they squeeze over the bead lips to create an air tight seal.

Im not going to go into the way that temperatures affects the pressure within the tires, because surely you all arent that stupid.

As far as camber goes, sure it affects the weight distribution on the tire, but that's why they have load ratings, if you're within the limits, it makes it much harder to "roll a tire off a rim". The sidewall doesn't contact the ground until you're getting to the -20's camber specs, believe it or not Super-DA9, even under cornering.

That's -6.5, that's also a 215/40, At that point in time, you can see there was plenty of tread, and the sidewall is well clear of the contact area. Another misconception is camber = tire wear, when in reality toe is the biggest factor in tire wear.

I know I've just wasted 10 mins of my life typing this in response to forum trolls, I also know that you will still debate and nit pick what I've written and tell me how unsafe it is and how many people I have and will continue to kill.

UMAD Ozhomos?
    Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Wasn't that pic from when your car had to get towed away because it got defected?

-ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

nah that must be another unsafe roadworthy vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    Wasn't that pic from when your car had to get towed away because it got defected?

Yep.

Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    What was the defect for?
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

too low, coilovers, wheels.

That time one of the cops told me 3pc wheels were illegal.

Ive heard much more bullshit from cops then you guys have.
    Problem?

FFamily

Yep.

Why would we have the problem?

It's you who couldn't drive the car home but for some reason that makes you cool on the internet or something???

Not having a go at you or anything it's just you are a person I find difficult to understand.