Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    I know stories of stretched tyres coming off the rim during cornering.

Buy nice wheels, run cheapest tyres that stretch on them. Nice.
    buy cheap wheels
    put cheaper tyres for max stretch

SSpamily

hehe

not enough poke for the meat?

no spacer?

no worries

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    need car to be lower? no worries

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    is it possible to stretch my 15' tyres to fit on 16' wheel?
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Quote Originally Posted by integraR View Post
    is it possible to stretch my 15' tyres to fit on 16' wheel?
    anything is possible when you want to endanger everyone around you!

Quote Originally Posted by newpaddy3 View Post
    Not really.

Spoken to any engineers about that? brake upgrades require tests to make sure they don't lock, and if they do, they don't pass.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    Common sense kicks in for most people before they run a tyre with an outrageously unsafe profile.
    So a stetched 45 profile tire on a 1 tonne civic is more unsafe then a 2 tonne commonwhore on 22"s with 30 profile tires?

Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    On a tyre with a lot of stretch, the sidewall contacts the road when cornering. That part of the tyre is not supposed to wear and is critical to handling.
    ahhh.... no it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by carayan View Post

^not only critical to handling but safety. the sidewall needs space to flex, take away it away from its intended use, and reduce its space in which the sidewall can flex and its a hazard. stretch is not and never will be safe. i understand you're all stance|works and all that jazz, but endangering yourself or other human beings so you can stance your nuts off, or get wheels that shouldn't your car to fit, by using the wrong size tyres is wrong.
    No problem, Ill stop driving a car then because regardless of modifications, I could be hit by someone else and die... We should all stay indoors on our computers and live in fear.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleuse View Post
    still not understanding the concept of within limits.

I dont have any pictures for you nor stories, The main reason would be because i dont hang around fanboy enthusiasts who think its cool to put -10 camber, massive offsets with stretched tires and ridiculous number plates on their cars. But im sure there are fails and when it happens it is quite unsafe.

edit: umad?
    Not mad, find it hilarious when pretty much all ozhomo trolls spam the shit out of the technical forum with their opinions... Only forum im on that allows that, generally shit talking is restricted to spam threads, not tech forums. Also find it hilarious that you picture anyone with stretch as "fanboy enthusiasts".... Im sure you have a mad posse of jdmYO civics on slipstreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    I know stories of stretched tyres coming off the rim during cornering.

Buy nice wheels, run cheapest tyres that stretch on them. Nice.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw7SoQha2po

Didn't realise that the price of tires was a huge factor in car safety, explains why 80% of standard cars run the cheapest tires possible from bob jane t marts.
    Problem?

FFamily

Quote Originally Posted by Oxer View Post
    Spoken to any engineers about that? brake upgrades require tests to make sure they don't lock, and if they do, they don't pass.

So a stetched 45 profile tire on a 1 tonne civic is more unsafe then a 2 tonne commonwhore on 22"s with 30 profile tires?

ahhh.... no it doesn't.

No problem, Ill stop driving a car then because regardless of modifications, I could be hit by someone else and die... We should all stay indoors on our computers and live in fear.

Not mad, find it hilarious when pretty much all ozhomo trolls spam the shit out of the technical forum with their opinions... Only forum im on that allows that, generally shit talking is restricted to spam threads, not tech forums. Also find it hilarious that you picture anyone with stretch as "fanboy enthusiasts".... Im sure you have a mad posse of jdmYO civics on slipstreams.

Didn't realise that the price of tires was a huge factor in car safety, explains why 80% of standard cars run the cheapest tires possible from bob jane t marts.
    example pls or ellaborate further

Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    example pls or ellaborate further
    Problem?

FFamily

.... on the complete example you were trying to make e.g. what tyres does the civic have exactly, what tyres does the commodore have exactly etc.

anyone can post images.

15x9 195/45 civic 22x8 215/30 ve commodore.

Both hit a pothole, which wheel has more chance of being damaged?
    Problem?

FFamily

civic clearly, that's a ridiculous spec of tyre to run.

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic

ahhh.... no it doesn't.

price is a factor, you buy chinese shit tyres, expect chinese shit quality and performance.

and the sidewall doesnt need to flex either hey? maximum stretch for maximum bitches

no one is spamming an opinion, only you are. its a fact, stretched tyres are not safe and just to be the devils advocate personally i'd rather run high boost and kill an engine than stretch my tyres.

in saying that though, what could possibly ever go wrong though with stretching tyresright?

15x9 195/45 civic 22x8 215/30 ve commodore.

Both hit a pothole, which wheel has more chance of being damaged?
    what sidewall?
    SSpamily

hehe