Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxer View Post
    too low, coilovers, wheels.

That time one of the cops told me 3pc wheels were illegal.

Ive heard much more bullshit from cops then you guys have.
    Yes, it appears that way. Why do you get so much cop attention?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Hi oxer
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    Yes, it appears that way. Why do you get so much cop attention?
    cos gammin

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Mounting is no different, they bead the same, they hold the same pressure, they run on the same pressure, they handle no differently.

all you guys are forgetting that tires are made of that flexible stuff called rubber, along with nylon and steel.

If you're anal, the lack of sidewall flex is transferred to the tread that is contacting the ground. Depending on the compound of tire this may cause premature wear, but of course driving on the road doing the speed limit doesn't wear the tire as much as say "spirited" driving.

In terms of roadworthy-ness, you're only allowed to go 15mm taller or shorter in rolling diameter, and the same goes for width, when compared to the factory tire size, found on your placard on the drivers side pillar (assuming its a 90's model honda that hasn't been resprayed) So anyone rolling a 15x8 with a 225/50 is technically "unroadworthy" in victoria anyways.

The angle of a tire's sidewall has nothing to do with the bead of the tire. If you've ever looked at an unmounted tire, the bead surface isnt a square 90 degrees. Also the bead surface on the wheel is usually larger then the bead surface on the tire, and also has a lip that acts as a "fail-safe" of sorts. The reason wheels and tire diameters are made in intervals of inches is due to the fact that they squeeze over the bead lips to create an air tight seal.

Im not going to go into the way that temperatures affects the pressure within the tires, because surely you all arent that stupid.

As far as camber goes, sure it affects the weight distribution on the tire, but that's why they have load ratings, if you're within the limits, it makes it much harder to "roll a tire off a rim". The sidewall doesn't contact the ground until you're getting to the -20's camber specs, believe it or not Super-DA9, even under cornering.

That's -6.5, that's also a 215/40, At that point in time, you can see there was plenty of tread, and the sidewall is well clear of the contact area. Another misconception is camber = tire wear, when in reality toe is the biggest factor in tire wear.

I know I've just wasted 10 mins of my life typing this in response to forum trolls, I also know that you will still debate and nit pick what I've written and tell me how unsafe it is and how many people I have and will continue to kill.

UMAD Ozhomos?
    you are terribly misinformed and an absolute idiot.

your money not mine i guess. congrats on driving a dangerous vehicle and having a lot of the wrong attention.
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_x View Post
    Why would we have the problem?

It's you who couldn't drive the car home but for some reason that makes you cool on the internet or something???

Not having a go at you or anything it's just you are a person I find difficult to understand.
    sounds like you have a problem?
    Problem?

FFamily

There are lots of things I find difficult to understand, doesn't mean I have a problem it means I am human.

Nobody can claim to understand everything.

Quote Originally Posted by PHO View Post
    Hi oxer

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    you are terribly misinformed and an absolute idiot.

your money not mine i guess. congrats on driving a dangerous vehicle and having a lot of the wrong attention.
    care to inform me then? as for the idiot part, I'm much more then that..... The sensors on this forum don't allow for such language though.
    Problem?

FFamily

There are lots of things I find difficult to understand, doesn't mean I have a problem it means I am human.

Nobody can claim to understand everything.
    I'm glad you shared that thought here, it may give OP some insight as to why his tires leak.
    Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    How ya going
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

I'm glad you shared that thought here, it may give OP some insight as to why his tires leak.
    Thank you.

Hope this post also helps.

Quote Originally Posted by PHO View Post
    How ya going
    goot u?

Thank you.

Hope this post also helps.
    Absolutely.
    Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer

care to inform me then? as for the idiot part, I'm much more then that..... The sensors on this forum don't allow for such language though.
    We have covered it for you many times, however you seem to disagree, maybe because you are trolling or maybe just plain silly.

It's like arguing with a religious person. Never sees the truth.
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut