Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast

air leak in stretched tyres

hey guys,

so i have some 195/45/15 on a 9 inch wide wheel

i put 2 wheels on the rear of my car, went to go for a test drive, went down my drive way it started leaking air... so i immediately drove it back up into the drive way, within 5 minutes the tire was completely flat, this is both tires... does anyone know what the problem is? need more seals? broken bead? i dont know, someone who has encountered this problem and have any input would help, and any place you recommend to remount these wheels would help, preferably a place that doesn't say "oh its leaking cause its the wrong size tyre, so we cant help you"

thanks in advance, tom

No offense but 195 on a 9 inch wide rim is more than likely the problem. That's super stretched.
    Import Performance and Styling
    -= Official distributors for Password JDM =-

as above

at the extreme edges of the rim , they are deformed beyond the normal limits of use. Static it might be OK but while driving the tyre will deform further.
    You are doing something illegal and dangerous so dont be surprised !

damm you guys sound like every tyre shop i talk to, where the car enthusiast at, cant i be dumb and stupid with my car while i still can :'( yeah i know its stupid and dangerous but i just want to, i know theres risks involved but whatever man lifes too short to be running normal size tires

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    not when u are endangering other road users, i think that is the biggest issue here.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    not when u are endangering other road users and pedestrians, i think that is the biggest issue here.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Stretched|Works
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r & EGK20a
    hahah mocchi!!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    not when u are endangering other road users, i think that is the biggest issue here.
    wisest post here

sorry OP
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

just out of curiosity? whats the worst that can happen though, like tyre just rolls out my wheel and i end up driving on the rims? tyre flies into other lane, other road users dodge and they hit other cars and then somebody gets injured, but doesnt that risk come with every other thing we do? you cant tell me you havent speed on the road, thats endangering other road users, let the police do the law enforcement..

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    wisest post here

sorry OP
    nah its all good lol, i know where you guys are coming from... just want to know what the problem was, not get lectured about how my stretched tires isnt safe for myself as well as other road users, appreciate the fact that youre respecting the rules lol but now i know its leaking cause the stretch is too much lol if the thread gets off topic im gonna delete it lol

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_son View Post
    just out of curiosity? whats the worst that can happen though, like tyre just rolls out my wheel and i end up driving on the rims? tyre flies into other lane, other road users dodge and they hit other cars and then somebody gets injured, but doesnt that risk come with every other thing we do? you cant tell me you havent speed on the road, thats endangering other road users, let the police do the law enforcement..

i literally suspect that your tyres are just too stretched.

http://tyrestretch.com/9.0_195_45_R15/

just as an idea of what they'd look like...

i think you're pushing the boundaries of stretching there
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC