Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    yeah good idea guys, ban all things that can have a negative effect on anything.
    or just dont be a dum kunt or be smart and informed and;
    1. dont drink and drive or dont drink at all
    2.have fast food in moderation or not at all
    3. put apropriate tires on your car, or not at all.
    Fixed to suit your theory.
    Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8
    Timmy_B DC5 Build

"isnt the vtec the same concept as a turbo anyway.."

Considering all the talk, that car looks like it survived fine with the tyre coming off.

What are you talking about? Thats how its ment to sit.....lol j/k

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Chernoby1 View Post
    Considering all the talk, that car looks like it survived fine with the tyre coming off.
    The tyre should never come off like this.

Are you literally retarded?

Let me repeat: What was the damage caused because the tyre came off? I see NONE. Maybe the cost of a tow home, but from the image, looks to me like he got the car to a standstill without damaging/hurting anything/one.
    To make it clear, Talking about this SPECIFIC image and trying to point out how posting it doesnt really prove anything at all to someone like me/oxer/other potatoes.

It's like trying to convince me not running an air filter is going to hurt someone. Sure the likelyhood of some shite getting into my engine and making it blow are high, but the chances of an engine blow hurting someone is remarkably low... especially if the person driving the vehicle has the idea that they may need to disengage the clutch at any time.

Note that i normally wouldnt put, but seems i will have ot otherwise you will all assume i am a mega potato: I have and never will run a car without a filter.

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    Let me repeat: What was the damage caused because the tyre came off? I see NONE. Maybe the cost of a tow home, but from the image, looks to me like he got the car to a standstill without damaging/hurting anything/one.
    To make it clear, Talking about this SPECIFIC image and trying to point out how posting it doesnt really prove anything at all to someone like me/oxer/other potatoes.

It's like trying to convince me not running an air filter is going to hurt someone. Sure the likelyhood of some shite getting into my engine and making it blow are high, but the chances of an engine blow hurting someone is remarkably low... especially if the person driving the vehicle has the idea that they may need to disengage the clutch at any time.

Note that i normally wouldnt put, but seems i will have ot otherwise you will all assume i am a mega potato: I have and never will run a car without a filter.
    Where is THE FRONT BUMPER?

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    " Incidentally, the reason it’s unsafe is that, when tires are mounted on rims that are wider (or narrower) than the rim widths approved for the model and size tire, heat and stress can build up in the sidewall, leading to tire failure (either popping the bead or an actual blowout). The engineers and customer service staff of the tire manufacturers hear about this constantly, because users who “stretched” their tires then file claims under warranty. These claims are then denied by the tire manufacturers as a matter of user error (improper usage), and the customers get ticked off and then start fighting with the tire store that mounted them (even though any conscientious tire store will refuse to mount the tires on rims that are too wide). Talk to the folks from the tire manufacturers and watch them roll their eyes at the mere mention of “tire stretching”, because they’ve already dealt with so many cases where the tires failed as a result.
    This is NOT a matter of opinion; it’s a matter of fact. Tires can, and do, commonly fail as a result of mounting on wheels that are too wide. DON’T DO IT."

Quote Originally Posted by newpaddy3 View Post
    Where is THE FRONT BUMPER?
    Taken off for the photo?
    Nothing looks bent broken. And if all the damage is a front bumper, i wouldn't really care if i was the owner. It is just a front bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by newpaddy3 View Post
    " Incidentally, the reason it’s unsafe is that, when tires are mounted on rims that are wider (or narrower) than the rim widths approved for the model and size tire, heat and stress can build up in the sidewall, leading to tire failure (either popping the bead or an actual blowout). The engineers and customer service staff of the tire manufacturers hear about this constantly, because users who “stretched” their tires then file claims under warranty. These claims are then denied by the tire manufacturers as a matter of user error (improper usage), and the customers get ticked off and then start fighting with the tire store that mounted them (even though any conscientious tire store will refuse to mount the tires on rims that are too wide). Talk to the folks from the tire manufacturers and watch them roll their eyes at the mere mention of “tire stretching”, because they’ve already dealt with so many cases where the tires failed as a result.
    This is NOT a matter of opinion; it’s a matter of fact. Tires can, and do, commonly fail as a result of mounting on wheels that are too wide. DON’T DO IT."
    You arent listening. I am NOT AT ALL disputing that tyre stretch leads to tyre failure.
    If people are going back to tyre manufacturers trying to claim it under warranty, they are potato.
    If people are getting upset at the tyre mounter because the requested stretched tyre failed, they are potato.
    If people are yelling at tyre shops because they wont install stretched tyres, they are potato.

My comments ALL have revolved around:
    The problems with TYRE FAILURE.
    Not whether or not stretch increases the chance of it happening. but the CONSEQUENCES of TYRE FAILURE. I am also arguing that if you are aware that tyre failure is likely to occur because of the stretching, you will also be more likely to take CARE while driving so that WHEN it does go pop, you are ready and can handle the situation Safely; or as safely as possible.

You arent listening. I am NOT AT ALL disputing that tyre stretch leads to tyre failure.
    If people are going back to tyre manufacturers trying to claim it under warranty, they are potato.
    If people are getting upset at the tyre mounter because the requested stretched tyre failed, they are potato.
    If people are yelling at tyre shops because they wont install stretched tyres, they are potato.

My comments ALL have revolved around:
    The problems with TYRE FAILURE.
    Not whether or not stretch increases the chance of it happening. but the CONSEQUENCES of TYRE FAILURE. I am also arguing that if you are aware that tyre failure is likely to occur because of the stretching, you will also be more likely to take CARE while driving so that WHEN it does go pop, you are ready and can handle the situation Safely; or as safely as possible.

Sorry mate but no one is listening to you due to your negative , stubborn approach.
    We all know the rules and this issue at hand is truly "stretching" them. No person is going to tell me that they kow they are breaking the law , and over stressing their cars safety - and then tell me they are ready to handle the situation. What a load of crap lol.
    Stop pushing it you cant win !

.......... have you ever had a tyre pop on you? seriously. Youre all making it out as if any tyre failure leads to certain death. I have never and probably never will have stretched tyres but i have had tyres pop while doing 140ish km/h. Guess what happened? nothing. Have seen multiple cars pop tyres at similar speeds. Guess what happened? They pulled over and nothing. Punctures happeneing at lower speeds? Also nothing. Punctrure happening when guy in mountain pass driving hard? PRobably gonna result in a problem. Now i cant say there isnt a difference between a puncture and the tyre coming off altogether, but i have 0 evidence of what happens when the tyre comes off (which is incidentally what im asking for) so i base my judgment on a puncture.

As for my negativity, i am very open to other viewpoints. But all anyone on here seems to be saying is "running stretch is potato because danger." Now i have no problem with people not responding to my potatoedness, but everytime someone does respond to my question, they never answer it... it's as if they didnt read the question, only saw some one disputing something and start yelling "UGH ITS UNSAFE YOU POTATO".

By the issue at hand, im assuming you mean the original post? I have not been talking about that at all. Mainly because i thought it was resolved. OP learnt why his tyres were leaking and took action to fix it. I 'believe' noone has the right to call him a potato for his action. I guess i coudlve flagged the posts but i find the flagging function useless, mainly because the internet is the internet. If i start trying to force people to accept my views, that's a solid 100% fail imo.

As for the safety thing, My car for example doesnt have idle control. This is my choice because it makes me feel special. I have made the car more unsafe for the general public, yet because i am aware of the issue, i am able to safely (ie reduce the new risk, not eliminate it) drive the vehicle. With stretched tyres (because ive assumed the result of their failure is the same as a puncture) i would say that being prepared to pull over and not driving on a mountain road is you operating the vehicle as safely as possible. Im not sure ive made this part too clear but i hope you can see what im getting at. Yes, it is not as safe as before but the risk is reduced so it is not (in my opinion) completely unsafe.

As for what im pushing, i'm legit wondering what the consequences of the tyre coming off are. If someone was to say their wheels are only held on by lie 1-2 threads of the wheel nuts, yea, id have issues with that. Why? Because ive seen them fail and seen what happens when a brake digs into the concrete.