DC2
    but....potato...
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy_B View Post
    Cause drift car mate! Any drifters know that running stretched tires allow for easier to slide as there is less side wall movement and makes it easier to break traction because of the narrowness of the tire, and this is quite evident! Looks more like a Jzx100 mark 2 drift car on a track in japan, so this pik has no real relevance to the arguments being brought forward as its on a track/track car FYI

But im in no way condoning or supporting stretch tires, each to there own at the end of the day
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chernoby1 View Post
    .......... have you ever had a tyre pop on you? seriously. Youre all making it out as if any tyre failure leads to certain death. I have never and probably never will have stretched tyres but i have had tyres pop while doing 140ish km/h. Guess what happened? nothing. Have seen multiple cars pop tyres at similar speeds. Guess what happened? They pulled over and nothing. Punctures happeneing at lower speeds? Also nothing. Punctrure happening when guy in mountain pass driving hard? PRobably gonna result in a problem. Now i cant say there isnt a difference between a puncture and the tyre coming off altogether, but i have 0 evidence of what happens when the tyre comes off (which is incidentally what im asking for) so i base my judgment on a puncture.

As for my negativity, i am very open to other viewpoints. But all anyone on here seems to be saying is "running stretch is potato because danger." Now i have no problem with people not responding to my potatoedness, but everytime someone does respond to my question, they never answer it... it's as if they didnt read the question, only saw some one disputing something and start yelling "UGH ITS UNSAFE YOU POTATO".

By the issue at hand, im assuming you mean the original post? I have not been talking about that at all. Mainly because i thought it was resolved. OP learnt why his tyres were leaking and took action to fix it. I 'believe' noone has the right to call him a potato for his action. I guess i coudlve flagged the posts but i find the flagging function useless, mainly because the internet is the internet. If i start trying to force people to accept my views, that's a solid 100% fail imo.

As for the safety thing, My car for example doesnt have idle control. This is my choice because it makes me feel special. I have made the car more unsafe for the general public, yet because i am aware of the issue, i am able to safely (ie reduce the new risk, not eliminate it) drive the vehicle. With stretched tyres (because ive assumed the result of their failure is the same as a puncture) i would say that being prepared to pull over and not driving on a mountain road is you operating the vehicle as safely as possible. Im not sure ive made this part too clear but i hope you can see what im getting at. Yes, it is not as safe as before but the risk is reduced so it is not (in my opinion) completely unsafe.

As for what im pushing, i'm legit wondering what the consequences of the tyre coming off are. If someone was to say their wheels are only held on by lie 1-2 threads of the wheel nuts, yea, id have issues with that. Why? Because ive seen them fail and seen what happens when a brake digs into the concrete.
    you and all the people you have listed are very lucky people

My friend had one pop on her, the force tipped her car and wrote it off

it can happen
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Quote Originally Posted by newpaddy3 View Post
    hahaahaha, took me a second to ee what you did there :P

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    you and all the people you have listed are very lucky people

My friend had one pop on her, the force tipped her car and wrote it off

it can happen
    Hope she was fine afterwards!

Stretched tires will.
    Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile

Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    so this pik has no real relevance to the arguments being brought forward as its on a track/track car FYI

But im in no way condoning or supporting stretch tires, each to there own at the end of the day
    Huh???????
    Tyres that dont fit the wheels seems to be the topic.. the picture is what I imagine the op wheel looked like after deflation. .
    Sorry I didnt find a photo of a honda to make it 'relevant'
    Sounds relevant to a dumb arse question..
    Dont be so up tight
    Last edited by Timmy_B; 30-10-2013 at 04:06 PM.
    Timmy_B DC5 Build

"isnt the vtec the same concept as a turbo anyway.."

o0o0o0o0o shots fired