Quote Originally Posted by ctx View Post
    asks forum for advice

dismisses advice
    Quote Originally Posted by carayan View Post
    forum posting 101
    Quote Originally Posted by markismaximus View Post
    I'm glad you live in NSW...
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    ok.. I'm going to summarize here.

You have 195 tyres on a 9" wide wheel.

Your tyres are leaking.

There are no punctures in the tyres.

Your valves are fine.

There is only ONE thing left that can cause the leak, and it is exactly what the tyre shops have been saying.

You're tyres are WAY to narrow for a 9" wide wheel. They are leaking because they are being stretched so far that the lip of the tyre is not fully contacting the surface of the wheel, and thus air is escaping. Sure, you could argue "but some people get away with 195 on 9 inch" but this doesn't necessarily mean ALL tyres (or in this case YOUR tyres) will seal too.

There is one way to fix your leak permanently. Get tyres that stretch less. i.e. the correct size or at least wider than 195.

If it's a fitment issue, you can always run some camber or pull the guards out a bit.
    Last edited by Super-DA9; 27-09-2013 at 09:40 PM.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Quote Originally Posted by ctx View Post
    asks forum for advice

dismisses advice
    lol

Post pics of car from front and back so we can analyse the level of poke to see where the air is escaping from

Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    ok.. I'm going to summarize here.

You have 195 tyres on a 9" wide wheel.

Your tyres are leaking.

There are no punctures in the tyres.

Your valves are fine.

There is only ONE thing left that can cause the leak, and it is exactly what the tyre shops have been saying.

You're tyres are WAY to narrow for a 9" wide wheel. They are leaking because they are being stretched so far that the lip of the tyre is not fully contacting the surface of the wheel, and thus air is escaping. Sure, you could argue "but some people get away with 195 on 9 inch" but this doesn't necessarily mean ALL tyres (or in this case YOUR tyres) will seal too.

There is one way to fix your leak permanently. Get tyres that stretch less. i.e. the correct size or at least wider than 195.

If it's a fitment issue, you can always run some camber or pull the guards out a bit.

yeah thanks mate, that was probably the best thing i've heard lol, thats probably the case, i'm gonna just put wider size tires on them and just figure it out, just out of curiosity, what would be a "safe stretched" tyre size for a 15x9+10 wheel, some people might argue safe and stretch cant be put in one sentence but .. yeh

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_son View Post
    yeah thanks mate, that was probably the best thing i've heard lol, thats probably the case, i'm gonna just put wider size tires on them and just figure it out, just out of curiosity, what would be a "safe stretched" tyre size for a 15x9+10 wheel, some people might argue safe and stretch cant be put in one sentence but .. yeh
    I'm not really into stance and all that so I don't know if there's such thing as a safe stretch, but I doubt there is. Basically the more you stretch a tyre the more risk there is.

But there's already been enough posted about that.

My advice is, fit the widest tyre you can get away with. Roll your guards as much as possible, even pull them if you need to. Increase your camber a bit (depending on how much you have already, don't go like -4 or anything ridiculous).

Once you've got your guard clearance sorted out, ask wherever you go for tyres to fit a size that will clear. Hopefully the same width as the wheel or only 1-2 sizes less.

But to be honest, 15x9 +10 is a very unsuitable wheel size for a honda.. It's not going to be easy to get it to work..
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    To be honest, 15x9 +10 is a very unsuitable wheel size for a honda.. It's not going to be easy to get it to work..
    Sorry if I sounded a bit uppity when all I meant to say was this. There is also the legal thing of not being allowed to go wider than 1" wider than stock tires on a Front Wheel Drive car, but if you're going to be running 15x10s I don't think the law really means much.

All I was saying is that 15x10s don't really suit much unless you've got some old rear wheel drive car to put them on and there really is no point in running anything wider than a 7" wide rim unless you're trying to put 300hp+ to the ground and then there's not a lot of us with Integra's that are running anywhere near that sort of power.

You will really also find it difficult to find a wheel in the right offset that doesn't foul your suspension, or doesn't require you to run over fenders. It's hard enough to find a 7 or 8 inch wide rim in a suitable offset for a Honda.
    Last edited by Integra-GSi; 27-09-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Sorry mate gonna do some picking here

damm you guys sound like every tyre shop i talk to
    You dismiss every tyre shop PLUS everyone on here's information, just because you aren't hearing/reading what you want the problem to be.. Umm k

just out of curiosity? whats the worst that can happen though, like tyre just rolls out my wheel and i end up driving on the rims? tyre flies into other lane, other road users dodge and they hit other cars and then somebody gets injured, but doesnt that risk come with every other thing we do? you cant tell me you havent speed on the road, thats endangering other road users, let the police do the law enforcement..
    Tyre and explode from too much expanding/inflating and can cause you to spin out and hit someone

Tyre can explode with force and cause you to roll your car (actually happened to a friend of mine)

People look at your car thinking "wtf why the fuk have tyres like that" and hit someone else

List goes on

they are brand new wheels with brand new tires, ozzy tires fitted them for me and they put tubes in all 4, but **** that place, that place is a shit hole with shit service and shit everything
    Were they giving you shit because of your massively stretched tyres?

Appreciate your 2cents, at the end of the day I make my own decisions so I run whatever tyres I want, not to get butthurt but, if it's being an idiot to stretch my tyres and put 9 inch wheels on an integra, then I guess I'm the biggest idiot of them all, your input informs me of the dangers and stuff that could happen and may possibly will happen and I thank you for that cause it'll prob save lives, but when my tires come off Mid turn, when I get to that point I'll deal with it then, I don't wanna sound cocky or ignorant but I'm pretty sure that's how I come off as, I will do what I have to do, whether it be to buy new tyres or just ditch the wheels altogether, a simple "no it's not smart/cool to run 195/45 on 9inch wheels, what you should have done was __________ What you can do now is __________, your stupid decisions may affect some of us, think about it mate" I get it now, thanks guys for the replies/inputs! Much appreciated
    Yh nh, sorry buddy but the information is there, time to accept
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Quote Originally Posted by Integra-GSi View Post
    Sorry if I sounded a bit uppity when all I meant to say was this. There is also the legal thing of not being allowed to go wider than 1" wider than stock tires on a Front Wheel Drive car, but if you're going to be running 15x10s I don't think the law really means much.

All I was saying is that 15x10s don't really suit much unless you've got some old rear wheel drive car to put them on and there really is no point in running anything wider than a 7" wide rim unless you're trying to put 300hp+ to the ground and then there's not a lot of us with Integra's that are running anywhere near that sort of power.

You will really also find it difficult to find a wheel in the right offset that doesn't foul your suspension, or doesn't require you to run over fenders. It's hard enough to find a 7 or 8 inch wide rim in a suitable offset for a Honda.
    yeah man i understand that, but sometimes you just gotta go against the grain and see how it works out, you win some you lose some, if it blows up car gets written off i get put in hospital, i learnt it the hard way then i guess lol then i know not to **** around with 195/45 on a 9inch wheel anymore.. but if it works then it works good for me, to be honest on the real, everyone here prob wont even care when they wake up tomorrow LOL it was just a controversial topic haha all jokes aside will take advice and go abit wider size tyres, if it still doesnt work out im just going to put on normal stock wheels lol

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    Sorry mate gonna do some picking here
    no they werent giving me shit for my massively stretch tyres lol, they charged me for 4 cut guards but only cut the rears and rolled the fronts, i accept the information mate, i know its dangerous and shit lol but did i ask if it was safe to put 195/45 on a 9 inch wheel, we all know its dumb and stupid, i simply asked for people whose encountered the problem themselves (not your friend) and the problem was why air was leaking out of my wheels. as super-da9 said it can just be the fact that the wheel is just too small and the seal is not in contact fully, yeah i now know the problem. i didnt ask if it was okay to stretch 195/45 on a 9 inch wheel or whether its safe or what not lol.

ps. hope your friend is alright dude
    Last edited by tom_son; 27-09-2013 at 11:22 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    no they werent giving me shit for my massively stretch tyres lol, they charged me for 4 cut guards but only cut the rears and rolled the fronts, i accept the information mate, i know its dangerous and shit lol but did i ask if it was safe to put 195/45 on a 9 inch wheel, we all know its dumb and stupid, i simply asked for people whose encountered the problem themselves (not your friend) and the problem was why air was leaking out of my wheels. as super-da9 said it can just be the fact that the wheel is just too small and the seal is not in contact fully, yeah i now know the problem. i didnt ask if it was okay to stretch 195/45 on a 9 inch wheel or whether its safe or what not lol.

ps. hope your friend is alright dude
    The information is all there, but you seem to continuously dismiss it..
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

The answer you're looking for is quite simple dude and I've already said it, your tires aren't sealing because they're simply too small and your stretch is something ridiculous. If you post up some photos of what your stretch currently looks like we can assess why your tires are leaking air, but it's pretty simple and its already been said.

The other factor here is that some tires will stretch better than others and if you really want to be a toolbox about things you're just going to have to work out what anyone else is doing who is running a 195 and what sort of tires they are using to achieve that kind of stretch. As I said though you're running at the limits of what a tire can handle on a 7" rim with a 195 and you're expecting it to run on a 9" rim, it's not a good combination.

I do not condone your actions or the trouble you're going to get yourself into, be a little more sensible like myself and run a 195 over a 7.

I'll give you a few more tips as well:

1) what you are trying to achieve in filling your guards up can be achieved and actually look good quite simply by choosing a wheel with the correct offset in the first place. That hella flush look can be achieved with a 5" wide wheel all things given if it is the correct offset. Yes, those +/- numbers do actually mean something.

2) If you want more tire outside of the guard then all it takes is running a wheel with more offset, e.g. running a +25 instead of a +30 means about 5mm of your tire will already be outside of your guard with a 7" wide rim, you've already modified your guards, you can probably run a +20 or even a +15.

2) I'm going to be running a 195 over a 7 and have more tire width on the ground and hence a wider looking tire on the ground, I could even run a 205 and have more tire width on the ground with a 7" wheel than you're ever going to have. It's not your rim size that creates the perception of width but how much tire you actually have on the ground. Nobody really is going to see half a 10 inch rim that's not on the ground and half up in the air due to you running stupid amounts of camber to make things fit. You just end up looking like this.

You're effectively running on a 5" tyre anyway by achieving this look as you will be riding almost entirely on the shoulder of your tire as opposed to the middle of the tire that you should be running on.

3) Having your rim lip exposed without a tire on it just looks kinda ridiculous and then it's not even all that anyway, having too much stretch just ends up looking ridiculous. The effect your going for instead is to have the majority (all??) of the lip of your rim exposed for whatever reason... this will also not provide you with any protection from gutter rash that, that bit of exposed tire lip is supposed to be providing your rim with.

4) You will have to relearn how to park so as you don't rash the shit out of your wheels... It's not going to happen, you will rash them anyway and then complain when someone doesn't pay you $1500 when you go to try to sell your rashed as **** Rotas.

5) You've already completely screwed up your suspension geometry in the name of looks on a car that is schizophrenic as anything in the first place without being lowered. Integras don't take well to bumps anyway, the first pot hole at speed could put your car into the path of on coming traffic even if it doesn't destroy your tire/rim in the process.

Having the correct offset is going to make the most difference to how your wheels look on your car and nothing much more else, the more stretch and camber that you run, the less contact area and grip you're actually going to have on the road. Running 205s will improve your grip and your prospect of not developing an air leak.
    Last edited by Integra-GSi; 28-09-2013 at 03:08 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    guise srs i got the siks bros at ozzy tyres to install bicycle tyres on car but it not berry good cause im a ______, plez help so i can ignore.

p.s goby plz
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02