Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2014 NSX

Brake Pads + Rotor Combo.

Hey guys,

so interested in peoples opinions on which pads and rotors to use for the S2000.

Apparently people in the US Running Centric Blank brake pads plus OEM AP1 Brake pads, so I was just wondering what would be the best combo for street and some occasional spirited driving and mountain driving and possibly street.

I was looking at some slotted rda/ dba and some ferodo pads, but apparently there not good for the street driving, and build alot of brake dust.

Can people give me the pros/cons on what to get.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    why are ferodo pads no good for street? load of nonsense

they do dust though.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    why are ferodo pads no good for street? load of nonsense

they do dust though.
    What he said they are fine on the street running them my self just dusty that's all
    Import Performance and Styling
    -= Official distributors for Password JDM =-

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Ferodo DS2500 are fine for street. You may have been reading reviews for the DS3000 and above. Those will eat your rotors on the street as they wont be in the proper temp range.

Nothing wrong with dust
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k/JDMDC2/ ED6
    Rda/dba blanks with feredo ds2500 using that on my car for street and track really like them

Member Array
    Car:
    2014 NSX
    should i even consider slotted or should I just get blanks ?

seems like alot of people are using blanks

Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
    should i even consider slotted or should I just get blanks ?

seems like alot of people are using blanks
    Blanks will be fine. You don't brake any where near hard enough on the street for slotted
    Import Performance and Styling
    -= Official distributors for Password JDM =-

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k/JDMDC2/ ED6
    S2000's are known to crack dics under heavie braking, slotted have more weak points so will crack easier.

Member Array
    Car:
    2014 NSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartoon View Post
    Blanks will be fine. You don't brake any where near hard enough on the street for slotted
    Quote Originally Posted by VTI-RRR View Post
    S2000's are known to crack dics under heavie braking, slotted have more weak points so will crack easier.
    thanks for that guys, which blank discs do you guys recommend?

no...

the reason behind cracking is heat. Slotted rotors DO help dissipate heat a little better.

Having said that, most people in the states that heavily track their cars use blanks because the slotted rotors don't last longer enough to justify the extra cost.
    For a lot in the states, the cheapest blanks they can buy are the best because the only last a few track days anyway.

I think you're thinking of cross drilled than slotted...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by daevilone View Post
    no...

the reason behind cracking is heat. Slotted rotors DO help dissipate heat a little better.

Having said that, most people in the states that heavily track their cars use blanks because the slotted rotors don't last longer enough to justify the extra cost.
    For a lot in the states, the cheapest blanks they can buy are the best because the only last a few track days anyway.
    Heat is definitely the main culprit, but if you look at all cracked slotted rotors - the crack commonly begins from where the slots are Even on 2 piece rotors, it can start from the slots or where the rotor ring connects to the hat via the sliding bolts.
    On street though even with spirited driving - slotted rotors are fine.

As for pads - if you don't mind a little bit of noise and dust, Project Mu HC+/HC 800 are fantastic performers on and off the track. Responsive, consistent pedal feel and fade resistant - rated from 0-800 degrees with a nice Mu range. But they might be a tiny bit overkill for your needs from the sounds of it?
    I'm personally not a fan of the DS2500 as the pedal feel is a bit... void because of the lower initial Mu bite but they do hold up ok otherwise