Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY01' S2000
    I recently installed a set of dimple drilled and slotted rotors with ebc yellow pads all around teamed up with goodridge braided brake lines and they are absolutely amazing. I had the pads and rotors cryogen treated and have given me a good bite when cold and amazing stopping power when hot. My braking into a corner is much later providing me with corner speed and a more liner feel in the pedal. Dont worry about dust as dust is a small price to pay for a good braking system. You can view pics of my setup on instagram by following me @topl3s

good luck with deciding

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    The oem rotors are fine. If you don't plan on tracking 5+ times a year you are wasting your money. I agree with recommending the hc+ project mu's. They can be noisy with the first push of the pedal but other then that they are fantastic. Easily sourced in Australia for a semi decent price.

If you want a car that stops extremely well, buy good tyres that are suited to your driving conditions.
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Mu HC+ and RDA or OEM blank rotors. My setup and stops perfectly. Go for slotted if you want the looks . Pads take time to warm up but they bite very well.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    im also running ds2500 for street and track. pretty sure it has the same braking coefficient cold and hot (.5) which is why its a perfect street/track pad

Member Array
    Car:
    2014 NSX
    yeah sweet, i just got some RDA Slotted F + R/ DS2500 / Hel brake line and OEM Brake fluid, should be sweet.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    oem brake fluid to my knowledge isnt rated for track work. it may boil. id recommend putting in high temp fluid. i use penrite Sin for street/track

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Hey guys where are you sourcing your oem rotor or something similar, Im running the 300mm rotor up front and completely stuffed a rotor at the track yesterday, cracked all the way back to the stud, got a non matching pair that I can roll with for a few days, cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Are you after some rotors? Buy or loan?

I've got my originals and some slotted rotors lying around gathering dust (and probably rust) if you're interested.
    Last edited by AusS2000; 26-05-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Mate interested in both, send me a pm and I'll give ya call, need to get car back on the road asap

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Hey Thanks AusS2000 for the old rotors, got me out of a jam, still deciding on whether to blow $$ on Mu's Pro SCR or stick with the cheaper Dixicel/BDA T3s or test some brembo rotors ?? anybody run brembo's ?

This OEM S2000 300mm rotor had only done 20,000km previously, with no visible cracks, did maybe 20 laps on sunday before a 1 lap shootout at the end of the day, consistently in the 43s on sunday, conditions were a little warm (24 C), discovered the crack after an inadequate cool down lap, (less than 1km) had to drive home back to Kensington B-). Tyre's were Z214 soft, pads were Hawk DTC60, Brembo 4 pots of an Acura.

DAMN thats a crack

step 1 is ducting if you don't already have it.

the consensus in the US is to buy the cheapest blanks you can find as no one could get solid results that spending more cash on rotors equalled more life.

The baller option is the racing brake 2 peice oem sized rotors, or simply a BBK...