Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Its a car for your family, keep it stock and simple.

I would suggest getting a cheaper commie so you can keep both cars.
    OEM parts whore

Handling in a Commodore? What handling? No... Actually it's not that bad, with the VT and beyond Holden actually put a decent amount of effort into suspension design and they go around corners OK, the difference really is that you're hauling a metric shit tonne of weight in comparison to an Integra and it's not going to be nimble... with a V6 its really not going to be particularly fast either. They can turn OK but they're not by any means going to be "nimble" or particularly fun.

I'd keep the Integra or get something else that's fun to drive on the weekend.
    Last edited by Integra-GSi; 05-10-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Forget the VE. And go for a fg xr6 auto . Bigger boot, better fuel economy and "sportier"

P. S dougie. Ls1 is the 5.7. Massive flop over a motor even with mafless tune and exhaust.
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    Forget the VE. And go for a fg xr6 auto . Bigger boot, better fuel economy and "sportier"

P. S dougie. Ls1 is the 5.7. Massive flop over a motor even with mafless tune and exhaust.
    this, i got to drive my mates fg xr6 as a daily for a week.

very nice to drive, muchhhhhhhh better then the old ba.

it does feel heavy but i wouldn't say it handles poorly, some better shocks and some thicker swaybars amd im sure it'd be pretty nice actually, while still being comfy and family friendly.

loved the torque, could spin 1st gear pretty easy lol, would chop a vtir integra in the straights no worries, probably even a stockish dc2r.

would recommend as a daily/10 (over a commo anyway)
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

The straight 6 turbo is also where its at, they haul, I'm not a Falcon driver, plenty of my mates are though, actually I was sitting in the back of a 300 rear wheel horsepower XR6T the other day with a guy I didn't know and I was actually kind of scared.

If you ask me I don't know why people want so much power for a road car, but that's only my opinion and whatever...
    Last edited by Integra-GSi; 05-10-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    300hp atw? thats nearly stock

easy as to get 350kw atw, now that would be a little scary lol
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Yeah... They're just kinda scary anyway, but then I've been around 100kw four pots like AE86s, and Integras, and euro hatches with not much more power than that. Then My Z10 Soarer which really didn't have that much more power anyway, despite being relatively quick. I've never really gotten the obsession with ridiculous amounts of power on a car that can't handle it in the corners which doesn't feel that safe in a straight line either. Maybe I just care more about not dying from stupidity.
    Last edited by Integra-GSi; 05-10-2013 at 01:48 PM.

My family has used Fords for work [XF, EF, AU] and if you guys say Fords are better handling than Commos then hell your Integra is lightyears ahead in chassis and suspension competency! Many factors already listed above. Wait till you get in the wet to see just how good the rear end is...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec powered
    why not get a jap family car? nissan maxima? has the 350z engine in it..
    Tokyo Life

Of course theres the completely nonsensical choice of a C34 Laurel, or a JZX100 Chaser/Cresta/MK II. The Later is just an updated Cressida, so none of this they're not family cars business... You could definitely spend a little less and keep the the Integra. I do occasionally speak complete and utter nonsense though.
    Last edited by Integra-GSi; 05-10-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Munched my mates new commodore, dunno what the new ones are called (not a fanboy of holdens)

We bought our cars on the same day, he said he was doing the smart thing buying a NEW commodore (LOL right? But his a police officer)

Even took him to test drive a few s2k's he reckons the commodore was a better car (his still copping shit, even from the honda haters in the group)

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    i personaly find the holdens and fords to be essentially the same thing but there are other lager cars on offer from toyota, nissan, mazda etc then theres also the SUV option.. i would keep the teg and pic up say a mazda 6 or simmiler imho unless you have enough over weight kids to fill the rear seat the fords and holdens are excessive.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02