Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Fd1, Ge
    This morning I tried to use mic and a laptop to record the suspected noise, but alas, couldn't catch it. The weather was not cold enough ( it was about 14'C at my place @7am) and summer is coming. I guess I have to put on hold until winter come. And I am thinking to leave it over night at Honda Service at next service for my mech to check this. The next service will be due in next Year when the weather colder.
    Hopefully it's only normal quirkiness of civic FD. So far it has been a great car ( efficient, comfortable cruiser, good looking, but need more fun, lol)
    I have to Thank YOU all of YOU. You all have been so kind trying to help me. I am so glad to be part of OzHonda community and I will be around in this forum.
    Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Might just the the timing chain noise, if it's only a small faint tick
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Fd1, Ge
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    Might just the the timing chain noise, if it's only a small faint tick
    Yeah, I hope so. Finger-crossed. Maybe it just me too paranoid. Thanks Ren!

Quote Originally Posted by pacogun View Post
    @leetie123
    Mine is more tick. Does your FD make tick/ knock noise in cold morning start from temp gauge about 3 dots until it reach half?
    mine is definitely more like a knock, like knocking on a wooden table.
    it happens when my car is warm, generally not there when cold
    i found its the worst when there is a small load on engine - idling in gear, idling with AC on. but drives fine. it changes with different engine oils too. i asked a mechanic to look at it and he was like sound seems to be coming from valve and headers but the car drives fine. he basically said the car drives fine, no need to spend money looking for small wear and tear. it took a while before I got over my paranoia about this

Member Array
    Car:
    Fd1, Ge
    Quote Originally Posted by leetie123 View Post
    mine is definitely more like a knock, like knocking on a wooden table.
    it happens when my car is warm, generally not there when cold
    i found its the worst when there is a small load on engine - idling in gear, idling with AC on. but drives fine. it changes with different engine oils too. i asked a mechanic to look at it and he was like sound seems to be coming from valve and headers but the car drives fine. he basically said the car drives fine, no need to spend money looking for small wear and tear. it took a while before I got over my paranoia about this
    Possibly another quirkiness of FD1. Thanks for participating!
    Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Fd1, Ge
    I think I found the answer. It might be the noise from Purge Control Solenoid.
    More explanation is from link below:
    http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/mecha...-answered.html
    Similar symptoms, nothing to worry about. It just one of civic fd1's quirkyness.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    When my engine is cold and you rev it, it sounds almost like a battery powered engine
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.