4x100 to 4x114.3 on ee3 wagon

Hey guys didn't have much luck with a search so I have a 89 sh3 ee3 wagon with 4x100 hubs but I have a spare set of 4x114.3 rims I'd like to use.
    Spacer adapters are a last resort due to legality issues. Already had a quote for $45 each wheel for re drilling.
    Just curious if there is another model with 4x114.3 hubs I can swap stuff over with relatively easy with.
    Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    nope cant easily do a 4x114.3 swap on a wagon without serious work
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    hi there
    as gritfy said you will need to alot of work if your happy to do so
    which I can explain to you

but before you spend the money and time you should wonder if the 4x114. 3 wheels will fit first

what size are the rims ?
    Exsample if you have 15x7 with +20 with the good brake clearance then all good for honda

if you have 15x7 with zero offset the wheels will stick out the gaurds a bit
    if more negative offset then no good for honda civic gaurds

hope that helps with information about your options

me I would get new wheels then stuffing around with new hubs and drill
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Thanks for the replys, wheels are 14x7 zero offset and 14x6.5 neg 8. Have brand new 185/60/14 re001s on them aswell.
    From what I've seen online you can fit 8" zeros with a minor gaurd roll on wagons.
    I dont want hella flush stanced look so I'll get them re drilled. Getting ssr mesh in 4x100 cost heaps so getting new rims isn't a option for me.
    Was more curious to see if some accord stuff bolted up.

Friend of mine has a 4x114.3 set up on his EG, he got his hubs from the states aswell as his discs to match, only issue now is he is having trouble finding bearings that will fit as needs new ones.

lot of drama for one set of wheels....

Has your mate called bearing wholesalers? Give them the dimensions and they pretty much can supply anything.

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    hi there again
    with those specs of wheels you may only have one option due to the size of the wheels but there is be other options you maybe worth checking if it does fit

Option 1
    Is remove your hubs, replace wheel bearings, redrill hubs, dics and drums to 4x114. 3, fit new studs
    (ee3/ed civic front disc are 4x100 with 242mm)
    which are likely the cheapest option and will fit right
    and the option you are thinking of going right?

Option 2
    which involves finding a few things,
    the link will help you
    but likely work fit due to offset and diameter of the 14s wheels
    the rear hubs would be same as option one

you need Da9 interga knuckles (4x100 with 262mm discs), dc2r jdm 94 to 96 or 97 knuckles with brakes (4x114. 3 hubs with 262mm

what you do is swap over da9 hubs to dc2r 4x114. 3 hubs, upgrade the brakes to bigger size too
    that page has links to how to help you do
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...e-for-ed-civic

Option 3
    I idea I just thought of just now which I know hasn't been tried
    is to find some prelude hubs off a BB4 which are 4x114.3 and see if they can fit or get custom wheel bearing to fit ee3 huvs front and rear

Good luck and let us know what you do

pat
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Quote Originally Posted by dove grey 64 View Post
    Has your mate called bearing wholesalers? Give them the dimensions and they pretty much can supply anything.
    that was the next step. trying CBC or someone like that

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Guys the only option for a wagon since it is 4WD will be to press out the hubs, have the hubs redrilled, have the discs redrilled, install new wheel studs and install new wheel bearings.

as you can see this will easy cost over $500+
    OEM parts whore

All good suggestions, I have all needed machinery at work to do fabricating so i'll just need to get some bearings and studs really. Wasnt sure if the hubs had enough meat around them to be able to be spaced out to 4x114.3, I think that's a common problem with mx5's

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    If you can pull it off that would be sick, there are a lot of nice old school rims that would suit.
    OEM parts whore