Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro Lux

Cool Help respraying civic roof please

Hi everyone

My missus' 97 Civic has really bad oxidisation on the roof and the resprayers want $500 to re-do it. Given it looks so bad now, thinking a spray can job might be the way to go.

I've done it before in Hobart, but I'm in Canberra now. Can anyone recommend somewhere to get the right colour paint (I don't know if anywhere would sell it stock or would need to be mixed)? I'm pretty sure it's Adriatic Blue B-74P. Then I assume I can get undercoat just from supercheap or something.

Thanks

Give autobarn your paint code and they can mix you the paint in a rattle can

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro Lux
    Oh ok thanks didn't know they had mixing!

spray can on roof is a bit sketchy unless its a small touch up job. be prepared to have to redo again or send it to the paint shop if you don't prep it right. find a mate of a mate thats a painter and try go down that path if cost is an issue.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro Lux
    Could u elaborate a bit mate, do you mean its hard to make it look even or something else? I know its a big panel but it looks pretty bad as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by adhunt99 View Post
    Could u elaborate a bit mate, do you mean its hard to make it look even or something else? I know its a big panel but it looks pretty bad as it is.
    do you intend to rub back the whole roof properly and prep surface and paint with the colour then clear it? if so then im all for giving the can a crack if you not too fussed, if you just intend on spraying the paint straight out of a can without prep then u can be sure it will look like junk,

you did originally ask where to buy paint so i dont want to assume your not i do know already

You could always vinyl wrap it for about $100 worth of Avery vinyl, just a thought.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro Lux
    Ah right, yeah I was planning to sand and undercoat then assuming its not a combined paimt do a clearcoat. Hoping to do it for under $100 for all the materials if possible

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    alard paint supply or auto paint supply in fyshwick bud
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro Lux
    Thanks - is there any great difference in quality or price between Autobarn/Alard/Auto Paint?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    No really.

Personally I'd be paying somebody to do it for you. Otherwise just make sure you rub it back smooth, prime it when it's not too cold, put at least 2-3 layers of paint on with breaks between layers, and some clear coat to finish. Sometimes you need to sand the clearcoat with like a 2,000grit then polish it up hard to get a proper shine.

Seriously though DIY painting is a b!tch unless you have the right gear to prep and spray it. Just remember the finish is all going to depend on how well you prep it before the spray

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro Lux
    Yeah I'm prepared for it to not look amazing, but seriously it looks sh!t at the moment - I'll post a pic up later.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Black wrap would look pretty good! Make sure you do it indoors if you decide to paint it. I can't seem to even wash my car without bird poop, leaves, etc landing on my roof.