Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I agree. Just Plastidip it or vinyl wrap. Don't bother doing a crap paint job it's not worth the effort.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro Lux
    Surely I can't make it much worse than this:

check out Graphic art mart and the cost of a decent vinyl is pretty much the same and less headache, if you not selling the car for next few years might be a better option.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    They problem is a lot of people (especially buyers) would prefer the faded roof, the scratched bumper or the dented fender, over a poorly sprayed bodge job and/or terrible colour match that looks like it's hiding something. Well done contrasting colours are good though.

Not trying to discourage you. I'm a huge fan of DIY and normally encourage it. I still do! But start on a test panel (even a tin can you have on your kitchen bench). Make sure you choose a panel out price of metal that is large enough that you require more than one pass off the can to have full coverage because even a monkey can do a single pass smoothly. The roof is a big panel so if you can't keep it even it will look terrible.

Good luck and let us know how you go. Keen on seeing result pictures!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    i dont think painting is the hardest thing ever.. essesially if using acrylic if you take your time with prep, wet sand and buff well you shouldnt have any issues.
    cause sorry but someone has already been at that mess
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    its hard to get it to look smooth with cans on the roof hard to keep it even, it will look bony since the can is on an angle and doesnt have a good spray pattern, and the roof is horizontal.

if its that bad plastidip.

you want something that u can take off later and wont leave it any worse, a crap paintjob will leave shit in the paint etc that will all have to come out to be done again properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Hello, Adhunt 99

Glad I don't have your problem to resolve. I'd be inclined to go to the pro's, or you could end up with a regular pack-a-poo-ticket.

If you are going to do it yourself and planning to paint inside a private garage, take a mug's advice and buy a can of thinners (if available) and spray it into the air in the empty garage. Otherwise the first time you spray, the solvent will kill all the bugs in the garage, particularly in the ceiling - and lots will land in that first, wet coat of finish. What a mess and you'll love the job of stripping it off!

A thankless job, sure, but preparation is the secret of a good paint job.

CHEERS
    NOEL