Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Em1 wheel offset

hey guys whats the most i could get away with?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000

nahsrs - define get away with
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Most random, generic question ever... My question in return is as always... how long is a piece of string?

What are you willing to do out of the following:

• Camber
    • Rolled guards
    • Pumped/Cut guards

If you answer none of the above then your answer is about 350...

No Seriously, it means running anything in a typical Honda offset of +35 to +45. +35 will run flush +30 will be a tight fit, but there's a few here that run it and it looks good at least as far as they're concerned. If you go with something around a nominally safe width of about 6.5 to 7 on a +35 you'll be fine without having to do anything... You'll start to run into problems without modifying your guards with an 8 without running some camber if you go beyond +35, +30 will fit with some camber adjustment. Legally though on a front wheel drive car you can only go 1 inch wider than stock if you don't want to be running a car with a defect and therefore void warranty which will come out as a result if you crash. Legally, that's a 6.5 on a GLi and 7.0 on a VTi, if you do things legally you wont run into problems on the front. It's the rear end that you'll have problems with if you decide to go stupid wide.

Running anything wider than a 7" wheel is really past the point of no return, you're not going to be running 300hp through the front wheels of your civic so you don't need a tyre that is wheel that is wider than 6.5". You only really need the width of a 7" rim if your trying to get traction to the ground through a 215 or 225 wide tyre, your civic does not have that much power, nor will it most likely ever. At most on your average Civic I don't see any reason to go wider than a 6.5" wide rim and thus a 195 or 205 wide tyre.
    Last edited by Integra-GSi; 05-10-2013 at 06:45 PM.

is it possible that 15x8 +10 will fit and what will i need to do?

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    Quote Originally Posted by EG4B18CT View Post
    there we go
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    yes.. camber, stretch and rolled guards... easy.

Possibly if you're Mexican... Shit, I failed to fit a +10 under the guards of a rear wheel drive car with a far less extreme offset than what Hondas run, mind you it was 2 inches wider, but whatever. The short answer is no... the longer answer is still no, just don't do it. You won't get anything further out than a +25 in and that will involve mutilating your guards. You could do it but it's going to be completely detrimental to the way your car handles.

You are not as cool as this... you drive a Civic that is a P platers shopping trolley You do not drive a Japanese classic low down street rider. There is a purpose in this culture most people simply don't understand. It's not about "hella flush" on a Civic... One day I'll sit down and explain the Japanese street culture that's actually involved in doing this properly, but right now I can't even be bothered other than to say there is a very precious artform of keeping old cars like this on the road in Japan due to their ridiculous regulations. Learn about it...
    Last edited by Integra-GSi; 05-10-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    15x8 +0

Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Those guards are hella pumped

wow dude it was a genuine question as i have no idea about offset didnt need an s.a

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra-GSi View Post
    Those guards are hella pumped
    No they're not. They're just rolled.

The rears are maxed out on camber arms, fronts are on stock arms. Rears tuck nice, but fronts poke a shit load.

OP, you'll be needing camber arms and a lot of low to make 8+10 fit (from a stance standpoint)

195 tyres, camber arms and lowered to around 1.5" gap from the edge of wheel to guard.

Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Inb4 integsi brings up all this function chit.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic