Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser

OZHonda shoutbox/chatbox

Dear Ozhonda community,

After some time now of contemplating to suggest an idea to the community here I've decided to go ahead with it.

I'm currently registered on the JZX100.com forums where they have a live shoutbox/chatbox up the top section of the forums. It's essentially a huge group chat for all members on the forums to participate in have a laugh, discuss anything Honda related or discuss anything offtopic. Any new threads which are created are displayed as a shout/comment on the shoutbox. I think this would be a great opportunity for the members to embrace something another forum has led by example.

Linked now is a picture of the shoutbox for any moderators/administrators/users to view if they wish.

http://postimg.org/image/4i0p88opt/

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    meh

spam thread good enough

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    Shoutbox would be a good idea to communicate with members quickly if you ask me... I can think of a million reasons why it's a good idea to integrate this shoutbox into ozhonda as well.
    Last edited by EJ1; 06-10-2013 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Just comprehended what what written.

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    i dont think this forum needs a 2nd, live spam thread
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    We already have a spam thread for this kinda shit :/

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...67-SPAM-Thread
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    Not a spam thread a live chatbox up the top?

Ozhonda has nothing like this.. It would be an awesome idea. Really works well on the jzx forums...

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    Plus it's not entirely for spam it's a really useful feature, Members can develop friendly relationships amongst one another plus a thousand more reasons.

You guys get the idea

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    It would move way too fast if it was on ozhonda...

How many people are usually on at one time? (jzx100)
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    Hundreds sometimes... You'll be surprised with how slowly it moves. Even on Ozhonda the chatbox would move slowly I believe.

They kind of have an auto update thing on the chatbox so that notifications aren't flowing in every second. Think it updates with new ones every 5-10 seconds.

I really think this would be a good opportunity to trial this system out it works very well!

Quote Originally Posted by EJ1 View Post
    Shoutbox would be a good idea to communicate with members quickly if you ask me... I can think of a million reasons why it's a good idea to integrate this shoutbox into ozhonda as well.

Tell us.

I think its not needed - server load , and also SPAM will overcome the chatbox and it will be very hard to keep track of your conversations (moving very fast)

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    it would need to be monitored by MODS so people dont advertise their mates tuning services etc.

not to mention all the personal attacks on another users ..

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Yeah, dont think you get the idea of how fast the spam group can be...