Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    Haha trust me I know how fast they can move... At least give it a day or two's trial I say.

You need some sort of a system which moderators can ban people for "x" amount of days from the shoutbox if they're spamming. It's in the moderators discretion to choose how long. Until then the spammer can only contact the moderator and the decision will lie in the moderators hands.

There is perfectly rational ways around the spammers... You guys have to trust me when I say the shoutbox works well...

Ozhonda sspamoly is top notch. I rekom thryd be able to pull out a msg every 20s brtween like 11am and 11pm.

Impossible to keep conversation going properly, you get spammed under fo sho

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    we know what shoutbox is,but we're saying we don't need it...

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    Well let me start with the reasoning..

Gives members a chance to communicate and get to know eachother better, off topic discussion, on topic discussion, new threads created appear in the chatbox, a bit of friendly humour amongst members, quick discussion without waiting for members to read and reply to threads.. There's so many more reasons I don't think it's necessary to state them all.

As the saying goes don't knock it until you've tried it. Obviously within sensible reasoning though..

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    I'm sure plenty of members will think it's a good contribution guess I'll just have to wait until more of the members agree with me.

Getting a bit off topic now I think we should invest in a forum sponsor here. On the jzx forums we have North Shore Toyota as our forum sponsor and we get near wholesale pricing on all parts. Surely the administrators and moderators could sort something out for this?

It might work for a smaller forum very well. For something as big as OH, not gonna work too well. Theres simply too much shit going on in here to make any sort of 'ticker' work

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    Already hard enough to keep up with spam thread with 30 sec rule, imagine 5 sec rule. Fuuuarrrrkkkkk
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    the benefits you are describing are quite literally what we have in the spam thread

come join us

we welcome you abourd
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    the benefits you are describing are quite literally what we have in the spam thread

come join us

we welcome you abourd
    apparently theyre a friendly bunch

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedVtec View Post
    Already hard enough to keep up with spam thread with 30 sec rule, imagine 5 sec rule. Fuuuarrrrkkkkk
    lmzooo,

hay mulk
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    Hahaha you guys have a good sense of humour at least...

What about the idea suggested in regards to a forum sponsor?

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    i recon ozhonda surviving fine with just ads.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic