Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Apparently the Dayco belt was a bit longer than it should have been. I don't know the full details, but tbh it's enough to put me off them. I don't want any dramas and I'm prepared to pay the extra (like I have with all other parts) so I don't have any.

Thanks Jasemas, I'm planning on doing the belt, tensioner, springs, cam seals and front main seal. I think I'll risk the water pump as the car hasn't done that many kms. Thermo was done recently too. Shouldn't be much more $150-200 for the above depending on where I go, that's for OEM Honda.

Edit - you can get an OEM belt, tensioner, cam seals, front main seal and water pump for ~$320 in Australia if you know who to ask. Dayco can get stuffed haha
    Last edited by rhys.l; 10-10-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    inb4mate got wrong belt
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

I dunno, he's a member here and will probably see this at some stage, he can explain if he wants.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by rhys.l View Post
    Apparently the Dayco belt was a bit longer than it should have been. I don't know the full details, but tbh it's enough to put me off them. I don't want any dramas and I'm prepared to pay the extra (like I have with all other parts) so I don't have any.

Thanks Jasemas, I'm planning on doing the belt, tensioner, springs, cam seals and front main seal. I think I'll risk the water pump as the car hasn't done that many kms. Thermo was done recently too. Shouldn't be much more $150-200 for the above depending on where I go, that's for OEM Honda.

Edit - you can get an OEM belt, tensioner, cam seals, front main seal and water pump for ~$320 in Australia if you know who to ask. Dayco can get stuffed haha
    B16A belt = 124 teeth
    B18C belt = 126 teeth
    Early gates racing belts were 125, but that issue has been resolved now.
    My guess is you mate got the wrong belt...

Anyhoo...
    $320 is not bad...
    OEM belt is usually $85
    OEM water pump around $210
    OEM timing belt tensioner around $135
    So to get them & the three OEM seals for $310 you're doing well

& tell everyone where you got it so we all know where to buy

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    damn, who this from?
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    in my experience most dealers will give you trade if your a decent person to them and not profiteering, that dose help out alot.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    I plane to tackle my timing belt myself in the future... /wrist
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

I'm a bit scared doing it myself but the local Honda dealership want $138/hour to do the work lol

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Easily a 3 1/2 hour job
    The biggest problem you WILL have is breaking open the crankshaft pulley bolt
    You need a special tool and they're honda dealerships speciality
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    you can quite easily make one, IIRC the harmonic balancer accepts a 36mm nut to which u weld a pole to.. the hole in the middle of the nut is large enough for the 19mm socket to go through
    -Amant02

Thanks for the tips. Sounds pretty wild, might just cough up and pay someone else to have fun with it. I'll get the valve clearances checked as well

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    honestly its a very straight forward procedure but it is nerve racking for the first few..
    -Amant02