Member Array
    Car:
    2000 EK

Civic upgrade problem.. Need help

I have a 2000 civic (si I think) I put a b16ad motor and box in, installed the b16 ecu and loom and had 3 plugs left over. It got the best of me after 2 weeks of stuffing around and researching etc so I took it to an auto elec. TWELVE FARKING MONTHS LATER... He rings me today to say that he needs the key reader, ignition barrel etc from a civic and do I know if the integra barrel will fit a civic?? How da fuq would I know?? So.. Does anyone know if the key reader/ignition barrel will fit into a civic and will this fix my problem? Happy to pass out my mobile no. For any help to. PLEASE help it's been 12 months and I'm over it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    wot

why did you leave your car at the auto elec for 12 months?
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by farmz View Post
    I have a 2000 civic (si I think) I put a b16ad motor and box in, installed the b16 ecu and loom and had 3 plugs left over. It got the best of me after 2 weeks of stuffing around and researching etc so I took it to an auto elec. TWELVE FARKING MONTHS LATER... He rings me today to say that he needs the key reader, ignition barrel etc from a civic and do I know if the integra barrel will fit a civic?? How da fuq would I know?? So.. Does anyone know if the key reader/ignition barrel will fit into a civic and will this fix my problem? Happy to pass out my mobile no. For any help to. PLEASE help it's been 12 months and I'm over it.
    12 months to swap b16?

S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

takes me with two sets of hands , a screwdriver and a fork to do a engine conversion in about 3 days. And thats with eatin and shitin and wanking inbetween.

What he is having an issue with - is the ECU he has currently has an immobilizer and wont start with your keys...try a OBD2A DOHC ECU to get you going as it doesnt have an immobilizer. Examples are a 96-99 DC2R ecu or EK4 or EM1 etc ?

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 EK
    The engine swap I did in 2 days inc putting the ecu and the harness in but there were 3 plugs I couldn't figure out at the engine. He's had it for 12 months cos he's worked on it here n there but got no where. I put pressure on him and told him I'm picking it up if he can't do it. The point is he's stuck. I supplied him with obd2 but can't remember if it was obd2a or b. I've gotten out of the loop with Hondas so I'm a bit foggy with it all after 12 months. He says it's to do with the 2 pin or 5 pin ignition/key reader.
    If I get one from an integra can that key reader unit be fitted to my civic

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    The engine swap I did in 2 days inc putting the ecu and the harness in but there were 3 plugs I couldn't figure out at the engine. He's had it for 12 months cos he's worked on it here n there but got no where. I put pressure on him and told him I'm picking it up if he can't do it. The point is he's stuck. I supplied him with obd2 but can't remember if it was obd2a or b. I've gotten out of the loop with Hondas so I'm a bit foggy with it all after 12 months. He says it's to do with the 2 pin or 5 pin ignition/key reader.
    If I get one from an integra can that key reader unit be fitted to my civic
    i think you should tow it to somewhere else, he clearly have no idea on what to do and one lazy ass mudder
    i wouldnt pay anything.

idk any good shops in canberra unfortunately
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

I don't see the point of getting an Integra ignition barrel and receiver (key reader)

The whole setup has to match for the immobiliser to work
    Same ECU, transponder key, immobiliser control unit, etc

Putting in an integra barrel is not gunna fix anything

Disable the immobiliser in your b16a ECU and figure out what those connectors u haven't plugged in are for

Or find another ECU without immo

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    or ask some of the local canberra boys to help you out one weekend...
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    sounds like your Civic is OBDIIB and the engine loom is OBDIIA. If your trying to use a OBDIIB ECU this combination will never work.

edit (Just read 3 connectors in engine bay) where are they ? how many pins does each conenctor have ?. They may not need to be connected or we can tell you where they belong.

If you have a OBDIIB ECU and need to bypass the Imobiliser PM me

If you have an OBDIIA ECU simply bypass the Immo in the ECU there is a DIY on here on how to do this.
    Last edited by ECU-MAN; 10-10-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    listn to dis guy^^
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

WOW - Pull it out of there ASAP and maybe post some pics so everyone knows what we looking at but i think ECU-MAN is def on the money.
    my EG Si chassis has a spare plug on drivers side unused with the B16a swap.