Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: i'm new be nice

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro luxury 6sp

i'm new be nice

Hey all
    i"m new to the honda forums. i just bought a 04 accord euro luxury 6sp in Artic blue.
    i've read lots about the euros only needing better breathing to get basic improvements i was just wondering if anyone can tell me where to look for cai and should i just bite the bullet and buy a mugen exhaust system? also the standard 6 stacker HU how easy is it the connect the AUX lead or is there any HU that fit nicely where i dont have to molest the dash, can you hoo up a sub to the standard HU?
    has anyone put the ep3 civic type R 17s on their Euro? what do you think? any pics?
    cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	25815  

Member Array
    Car:
    05' Accord Euro
    Hey mate, welcome!

Most people go with a CAI (Cold Air Intake) and exhaust for 'breathing' but CAI does make a moderate difference!

It's pretty easy to get to the inside of the dash, alot of people go for a aftermarket headunit, or make use of the AUX Bus socket on the CD player, I would recommend this to anyone that wants just USB/AUX without having to modify and buy a Fascia. http://www.cushieaudio.com.au/honda-usb2p.html

You can buy single/double din fascias from Honda for about $86, just replaces the middle dash compartment.

Goodluck!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro luxury 6sp
    where would be a good place to start with cai? and what sorta $$$ would i be looking at?
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    05' Accord Euro
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...d-13-August-05

Have a look through that thread, heaps of helpful guides and comparisons between parts.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroCliffy View Post
    where would be a good place to start with cai? and what sorta $$$ would i be looking at?
    cheers
    1stly Hi Welcome to Ozhonda.

$$ will depend on whatchu after. Something proven? $500 tops, JDM Points? upwards of $700, Just sound? As low as $30 bucks!

Just settle for Injen as this will earn you JDM Brownie Points and its Proven with a bang for buck for under $500.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    welcome mate - i have exactly the same car in black =)

firstly exhaust - the standard exhaust system on our cars are good for up to 200hp so unless your about to spend 2k$ on your engine i wouldnt bother
    the main restriction in the stock exhaust system is the exhaust manifold - so you are much better off saving for a good set of headers
    most brands are around the $400-$600 mark but the best one is the Toda setup at upwards of $1000 if you can afford it

secondly intake - now this all depends on what you want from your car - the two best options here are the Fujita/Injen CAI kit or the Comptech Icebox Intake kit
    the Fujita/Injen CAI kit will give you a slight gain in the top end and give that loud induction roar
    the Comptech kit will give you more of an all round gain with a nice torque spike in the mid range, it will give more of that European sports car sound and is also nice and quiet off throttle
    (theres also the Gruppe-M/Mugen kits which has the best points of both of the above but will cost around the $1000 mark)

another couple of things you can change without spending thousands are the engine drive pulleys - light weight pulleys will give you similar results to a light weight flywheel and a bit of power to boot
    underdrive pulleys will give you the above performance gain plus a bit more power - but there is some controversy over putting too much stress on the cars electrical system by running the alternator too low

a good set of tires will make all the difference as well

adding a bigger rear swaybar will dramatically increase the handling characteristics of the CL9 - anything larger than 18/19mm will require stronger end links as well as the standard ones break once u go bigger than that

the stock K24 flywheel is quite heavy as well - changing the clutch and flywheel is a good mod to do

if you have a good mechanic and access to the parts - changing the gear ratios and final drive with K20 Type-R components is regarded as one of the best value for money mods you can do on our CL9

the usual modification route taken by us CL9 owners are:
    - intake - Comptech or Fujita/Injen
    - headers - Comptech or PLM
    - clutch/flywheel - Exedy or Ralco RZ is what most use but the big brands do them too Spoon, Toda, etc
    - pulley kit - Ralco RZ or Unorthodox Racing (light weight or underdrive)
    - suspension - a good set of coilovers or strut and spring combo
    - wheels/tires - an alloy from one of the later Type-R's and Bridgestone RE002's seem to be a good value for money combination
    - some braces - Ultra Racing carry pretty much every brace you want for CL9
    - rear swaybar - again Ultra Racing carry a nice kit for this
    - brakes - Remsa Pads with T3 slotted rotors seem to be a popular choice

this is where most stop - but to keep going you would be doing the following:
    (most of these mods require management ie hondata)
    - RRC intake manifold (from the newer JDM civic type-r)
    - Hondata intake manifold gasket
    - USDM TSX intake cam - was stronger than ours
    - Toda 45deg VTC - standard VTC is limited to 25deg but the engine can go up to 45
    - Hondata Flashpro engine management system with TSX ECU and a tune
    - good quality JDM exhaust system

from here you get really serious with either fully built n/a engine, turbo or supercharger - talking 10k$ build just for power mods

i hope this was helpful and saves you the hours of research that i did to build myself a mods list lol
    Last edited by TheSaint; 10-10-2013 at 01:04 AM.
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    injen give max jdm point casue made in the US and jap like that
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    injen give max jdm point casue made in the US and jap like that
    Hahaha forgot about that.

Well you know what I mean, fanboy points?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    see i dont think so, injen arnt expensive they are just a good piece of gear.
    nothing wrong with buying something good at a decent price
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    see i dont think so, injen arnt expensive they are just a good piece of gear.
    nothing wrong with buying something good at a decent price
    You high?

I just cleaned my injen and replaced the hydro shield. Ofcourse there is nothing wrong with injen, from all the intakes i've seen on the market. Injen takes the cake. Affordability vs Performance gain, its really bang for buck. I recommend them. Had them all my cars expect the jazz, as its got bigger plans.

no one gives the K&N Typhoon CAI the credit it is due
    K&N Typhoon CAI || Weapon-R Headers + High Flow CAT || APEX'i WS2 catback || Ralco RZ Pulleys || Progress RSB || Alutec FTB || Tein Street Basis || Enkei Lusso 18" x 8" +40
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    welcome abourd
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut