16" x 6.5" +42 for DC2R

http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewP...idcategory=602

I'm looking at these wheels for my DC2R. I need to pay extra but can get them in 5x114.3 for 16".

My question is, will 16" x 6.5" +42 be my best choice for fitment on a 205 tyre? Really do not want to roll guards or get camber kits etc.

My current wheel is 16" x 6" +45, with no issue of rubbing etc and i am slightly lowered.

Other choices from the website are:
    16" x 6.5" +52
    16" x 5.5" +45

Let me know if i need to post pics of my fitment to help out with the decision

Thanks.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    im 16x7 +50 and lowered, no issues what so ever, honestly can't seeing there being any with those specs either.

16x5.5? yuk
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Cheers for the reply. 16x5.5 is definitely out of the question.

What would be the difference between the 52 and 42 offset in wheel fitment?

Any one else have an opinion?
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    Cheers for the reply. 16x5.5 is definitely out of the question.

What would be the difference between the 52 and 42 offset in wheel fitment?

Any one else have an opinion?
    The difference between +52 and +42 is that +42 will stick out 10mm more, provided that the wheels are the same width.

However, if you're comparing 16x7 +50 to 16x6.5 +42, you will find that from the outside, it'll look very similar.
    The 8mm difference is compensated by the extra width of the 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Integra offset without doing any work to your guards or having to run camber is about +35 to +45. With a 6.5 you might even be able to get closer to +30 as the outside will look fairly similar to a +35(ish) because you're subtracting half an inch from the outside of the rim, so you have more offset to play with. Just so you know, +45 is going to sit a fair way into your guards and nowhere near flush at +52 I'd almost be worried a little about clearance issues, but there's others here who don't seem to be as worried as I am.

The lower the number on the offset the further your wheels will stick out. Due to the ridiculous offset Hondas run as compared to other Japanese makes such as Nissan and Toyota, you really can't go that low. On a rear wheel drive Toyota or Nissan I wouldn't hesitate or jump at the though of running +10 to +15 but the Honda equivalent of that is about +30 to +35. It's good and bad, because it means you can get wheels cheap in weird offsets due to the dominance of Nissans and Toyotas, but then there's not as many of them to go around. Lets just say, it took me a fair while to find a set of 15x7 +35s for my GSi with knowing what to look for where as for my Soarer I wouldn't even have had to look at importing wheels from Japan.

Given the stock rim on the DC2R is 6.5, you shouldn't go any narrower than 6.5" ideally for a rim upgrade you should be looking at a 7-7.5" wide rim on the front, you can't go any wider on the front than 1" wider than stock legally. For the rears you might chose to run an 8-8.5" wide rim if you want to run a staggered set, or just another 7-7.5" if not.

In the end, actually, going super wide doesn't matter though, it's all about getting your offset right and then choosing the appropriate tyres for the amount of width you want. You can run a 205 comfortably on a 6.5" rim and thats already starting to get a bit wider considering guys will run that on a 8, I've seen 215s and 225s on 10" wheels you can fit on a 7" wheel if you want that look. You wont get as much stretch, but you'll get better rim protection which is what matters and your tyres will look just as fat as they would over a 9" or 10" rim.

Stretch is over rated though... it serves no real purpose other than wank and makes your car handle worse. I've stretched tyres to the point where I may as well have basically been running half the rim width, it meant basically out of a 215, about 112.5 was actually on the ground at any one time. You want more contact area not less.
    Last edited by Integra-GSi; 16-10-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra-GSi View Post
    Just so you know, +45 is going to sit a fair way into your guards and nowhere near flush at +52 I'd almost be worried a little about clearance issues, but there's others here who don't seem to be as worried as I am.
    There should be no issues with 6.5 +52 considering the stock 98 spec JDM wheel is 16x7 +50 and people run those rims on their AU DC2Rs all the time
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Cheers... I just haven't heard much about it, I'm fairly new to Hondas so a lot of what I know doesn't exactly translate over.
    Last edited by Integra-GSi; 16-10-2013 at 11:42 AM.