Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

will a holden commodore fun to drive like a lightly modified integra?

soon will have to say goodbye to my boy racer teg, need a bigger car cos starting family and need to tow a 900kg boat.
    im looking at VE commodores 07-10 models, will they be as fun to drive as a integra GSi lowered with coilovers, camber and bars and control arms, plus intake/exhaust upgrade?

I would say the commodore V6 would smoke the teg at straight line and super confortable but the integra is rough, very agile, nimble to drive and handles good. everything is responsive. will the aussie pride gives same driving experience without suspension upgrade? or will it feel like a floating castle ?
    Last edited by vcreation; 30-09-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    Sailing mate, came from a civic to a vs ute now to another civic. Rwd is fun thiugh
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Anything commodore is far from nimble to be honest.

Even when I drive the HSV's at work. They aren't nimble at all. Some can turn, but wont be like a civic/teg with sways.

The weight really kills it.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    I'm glad you like boats because now you get to own two!

In all seriousness though, it would be nearly as fun but you will have what 'feels' like a faster car in a straight line (can't say because I don't know which Commodore you're thinking of). Both are good cars but you're comparing two very different cars. Test drive one and decide what you like. I personally didn't enjoy my experience when driving a VE for 2 weeks (rental) but that's just my personal opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    It feels faster in a straight line thanks to plenty of torque, just put your foot down and go, teg takes a bit to wind up but they are pretty much the same speed.

Handling there is no comparison. The extra 600odd kilos kills it
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000

better get your skippers ticket while you're at it

The only way to have it handle on rails is to have high springrates that resemble your integra's setup
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    i dont think "commodore V6 would smoke the teg at straight line and super confortable "
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    They are super comfortable, not fun though
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

I had a supercharged l67 vt commodore.
    Had a bit of power for what it is was a nice comfy car with a bit of power.

I drove an au falcon and it handled much better that the vt... I don't know if that was cause of bushes or what not.. but maybe falcons are also something to look into..

If you buy a commodore be prepared to cop shit at car meets by boy racer douche bags with backwards caps in crap box, ke70s, s13s etc who think you're the bogan even though their car is a pos decked out with fake parts.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Hi bogan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_x View Post

I drove an au falcon and it handled much better that the vt... I don't know if that was cause of bushes or what not.. but maybe falcons are also something to look into..

If you buy a commodore be prepared to cop shit at car meets by boy racer douche bags with backwards caps in crap box, ke70s, s13s etc who think you're the bogan even though their car is a pos decked out with fake parts.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_x View Post

no m8
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    All the reports I've read consistently state that the Fords handle better than the Holdens.

Fanboys will disagree, I don't care.

Reality is, your fun days are over if you sell the Honda. Why not keep both? Just buy a cheaper Commo (EG the VT with an LS2 5.7L V8).