Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

question about costs of getting wheels stripped.

so i've never done this before; i was wondering roughly how much it will cost me to get 2 tyres stripped from the wheel, and to put 1 tyre on to a wheel.?

will be doing it on monday, and just making sure i don't get ripped off.

cheers.

2 tyres stripped should be around $20-30. Fitting and balancing a tyre $15-25

Obviously you want to go somewhere that doesn't scratch the fuk out of your wheels so don't just pick the cheapest place
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

wouldn't pay more than $20 for 2 tires to be stripped, also make sure they don't charge you a disposal fee

aite, thanks guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    wouldn't pay more than $20 for 2 tires to be stripped, also make sure they don't charge you a disposal fee
    Whoa really?
    What's the reason if they do?
    Like do they get money from old tyres? So theyre just milking you if they charge a disposal fee?
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Everywhere I asked seemed to wanted a minimum of $25 for stripping, fitting, balancing and disposal
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Whoa really?
    What's the reason if they do?
    Like do they get money from old tyres? So theyre just milking you if they charge a disposal fee?
    Some places charge it, mainly the bigger chains when they aren't making much from the transaction.

It's to cover their cost for getting rid of the tires later on as they can't really resell them.

Generally if you're mates with them this doesn't happen, or just take it home and dump it when the council comes to collect.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    Everywhere I asked seemed to wanted a minimum of $25 for stripping, fitting, balancing and disposal
    $25 per tire, you're getting ripped, standard is $20 per tire strip/fit/balance (and no disposal fee) considering they are making $80 for 30 minutes of work.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Obviously you want to go somewhere that doesn't scratch the fuk out of your wheels so don't just pick the cheapest place
    yh true,depending on which place,some give 0 fuks about your car/wheels

one joint chipped my ROTA wheel when doing up the TenzoR racing lugnuts with rattle gun...

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    bob jane scratched the fuk outa my rims

gay kunts
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    Some places charge it, mainly the bigger chains when they aren't making much from the transaction.

It's to cover their cost for getting rid of the tires later on as they can't really resell them.

Generally if you're mates with them this doesn't happen, or just take it home and dump it when the council comes to collect.

To my knowledge councils won't take used tyres in the indestructible rubbish. Gotta cut it up and stick it in your regular rubbish stealth style.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    I am take car in for change tyre at new old shop, I wear des evo design, I come back and is now enkei

My uncle is do this
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut