17" tyres recommendation

I have an 08 civic vti, I am getting 17" alloy wheels, what tyres do you guys recommend ? The Dunlop sport 300 that are currently on the car are pretty crap in the wet imo.

Depends whats the car going to be used for and budget.
    My car is lowered with alot of Camber so i use cheap $65 China shit and it honestly
    handles good. I take round abouts at 55km/h and no understeer or any sign of the car wanting
    to slide out. It actually holds in well at high speed corners and goes where i want it to go

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1
    Kumho ku31 best bang for buck IMO

Member Array
    Car:
    Fd2
    Achilles ATR

I got Kumho KU31 on the celica and yes it has pretty good grip wet or dry but its a bit noisy.

Dunlop SP Maxx or Pirelli PZero Rosso

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by jazznewbie View Post
    I have an 08 civic vti, I am getting 17" alloy wheels, what tyres do you guys recommend ? The Dunlop sport 300 that are currently on the car are pretty crap in the wet imo.
    I haven't had any issues with them in the wet for some reason. When I had like Rotalla or what ever it was called on a Falcon, that was pretty shit in the wet. I was pretty happy with the Michelin Energy tyres on my father's 2007 Accord... 50,000KMs and we're NEAR a tyre change (original tyres since new). I may stand corrected but I THINK the Civic Sport with 215/45/17 tyres is Michelin MXV from the factory?!

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1
    I just got the Pirelli P1 installed a couple of weeks ago and they're brilliant. Very grippy and quiet tires. Very noticeable difference in response especially accelerating from an idle position.
    It's a world of difference from the 15" Turanzas i had before hand (they were so-so). The stock Dunlop's that come with the civic are terrible.

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    get a 225 45 instead of 215..