Thread: respray colors

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD

respray colors

What some good suggestions for respraying an ek looking at white probably not cship white.
    Flat color whites cheaper than Metallica and pearls I assume?
    Any pics also would be nice

Member Array
    Car:
    '98 Ek1
    Not having a dig.. But why do people ask on opinions of what colour/wheels etc they should do on their cars. Choose a wheel/colour you like. Modify you car to how would like it. Whatever makes you happy. Dont really need justification from us. You like it.. You do it!

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    I think this is more a question on what colours to try so that he can narrow it down a bit then select from there
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9 minus 8
    This is a sexy colour for ek

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CXi R
    Quote Originally Posted by [stealth] View Post
    Flat color whites cheaper than Metallica and pearls I assume?
    Yes flat colours are cheaper to some extent... It depends on the finish you are looking for.
    An idea might be having a look at cars around you and finding maybe 2-3 colours that you like and telling the painter what parts of the colour you like. Hopefully if your painter has some skill they can make up the colour you want.

Example: I like the factory red on civics looks but I want the metallic from the BL mazda 3 - can you get me something in between?

But like ekx105 said "Modify your car to how you like it. Whatever makes you happy."

Quote Originally Posted by Boznian View Post
    This is a sexy colour for ek

be original or be a true honda enthus and pick a honda colour

is this EK805 or that K24 swap one?

EK805 is a wrx blue the other guy running the k24 looks same as my colour,

Quote Originally Posted by MrJoeySan View Post
    Yes flat colours are cheaper to some extent... It depends on the finish you are looking for.
    An idea might be having a look at cars around you and finding maybe 2-3 colours that you like and telling the painter what parts of the colour you like. Hopefully if your painter has some skill they can make up the colour you want.

Example: I like the factory red on civics looks but I want the metallic from the BL mazda 3 - can you get me something in between?

But like ekx105 said "Modify your car to how you like it. Whatever makes you happy."
    cost is varying depending on the paint and also how good you actually want it to look, cheap paint process equals cheap finish....

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    yeah think maybe GPW... that's a flat color aint it

Quote Originally Posted by [stealth] View Post
    yeah think maybe GPW... that's a flat color aint it
    GPW..?? as in grand prix white??

i searched online for orange for my engine bay colour until i finally found a solid 2k i liked, went to paint shop and found the closest match, stands out heaps but no one i know has the colour.
    try be a little original, in the end you will feel better about having something different then everyone else and it will make it a more personal thing for you...

when i bought solid 2k gloss it cost between $100-$120 a litre but my basecoat vivid blue cost $84 per litre and has pearl and metallic in it. go figure.... well i wondered why this was, my painter (a mate) told me why at the time but forgot something about ingredients, one thing is that basecoat will need a clear and clear needs a booth if you want it down right..

if the body is fairly straight and you are going to do a solid colour on outside you could do alot of the prep yourself and get a mate to spray it if they know how. i used a qualified painter but we sprayed my stripped inside and bay at home, was good enough as its a planned track car. cost me about $500 all up for materials and paying him $150 dollars cash.
    Last edited by urxqsd; 27-10-2013 at 02:10 AM.

also there is a paint code thread with pics floating around either ozhonda or honda-tech forums, shows the actual car with the paint and name

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9 minus 8
    Quote Originally Posted by urxqsd View Post
    be original or be a true honda enthus and pick a honda colour

is this EK805 or that K24 swap one?

EK805 is a wrx blue the other guy running the k24 looks same as my colour,
    It is a honda colour, just american delivered tho, came standard on the em1 over there

EBP is a solid oem colour

Personally id do Silica Breath (r34 gtr colour) on an EK though.