Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    Nothing beats the look of the standard Euro lux alloys,get the original ones repaired for the best look of all.
    this. stock looks best. waste money making car look rice. yh nah
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Quote Originally Posted by mjp073 View Post
    ^Agreed. They're nice but not very... aggressive? Any suggestions on wheel size? Should i stick to 18 like stock or go higher? (Also, goddamn at 98 load rating tires...)
    The CU2 has a big wheel arch - so I'd go at least 19" depending on how low you're going to drop it. And judging by the sound of you, you won't be slamming it on its arse (which is good) so 19s will be perfect
    K&N Typhoon CAI || Weapon-R Headers + High Flow CAT || APEX'i WS2 catback || Ralco RZ Pulleys || Progress RSB || Alutec FTB || Tein Street Basis || Enkei Lusso 18" x 8" +40
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Cu2 Silvar
    Yeah I'll likely only drop it about 1-1.5". Just need to find a wheel i like =[ Anyone used any good places do do the drop for me in epping - castle hill area sydney?

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Cu2 Silvar
    Bump. I think I've found what i want - Enkei Razr in 18x8. Offset is 40 i believe... is anyone able to tell me if i'm going to have any issues clearing the brakes? Or guard issues? The plan is to lower on springs, so wont be more than 1-1.5".

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by mjp073 View Post
    Bump. I think I've found what i want - Enkei Razr in 18x8. Offset is 40 i believe... is anyone able to tell me if i'm going to have any issues clearing the brakes? Or guard issues? The plan is to lower on springs, so wont be more than 1-1.5".
    no
    and
    no

it's almost factory spec, will sit flush
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    Must go black!
    miligrams or lusso! either one will look tuff! Black for sure. just keeping them clean sucks.
    "RIP Paul Walker. You will be sadly missed by all the car lovers out there..."

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Cu2 Silvar
    Thanks fredoops. Razrs appear to be end of life so I may have reached a roadblock there.

Haha thanks phillipminge too, I do like both. I'm trying to see if they look TOO rice, I want a more aggressive look but do want to remain somewhat stealth. Do you like the lussos with the chrome lip or the all black milligrams better?

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    i just wrote all this shit then deleted the entire internet window. what a drainnner.

if you want my opinion i like ALL black.

My euro has a set of all black rims on it. nothing fancy but i personally think they look good. im all for black rims.

my s2000 on the other hand has matt black te37 SL Black editions on it and i WISH they didnt have that small silver lip around them. lol

i like the look of my cheaper wheels more than the SL Blacks. and i like polished too not matt. haha

Silver euro with all polished black wheels is the key. lol
    still kinda under the radar but can run a nice aggressive set up if you like.

my CL( only has +45 offset. which is nothing really. on the new euro can go pretty extreme and it looks tuff as.
    just dont rush it man. Rims i reckon are the key to a mint looking car.... and i have to let my s2k rims grow on me, rather than me just liking them straight out.

My CL9 with Koyo drift teks 18" +45 offset with 225's all 4 corners. Nothing special but does the job. (kinda wish i wasnt selling my euro but no choice really)

s2k with te37SL without stickers yet. 17x9 +45.... Meh. lol

before i had the guards rolled and lowered the car.

i like all black better.

but get a nice offset.... i.e. enough to caber and tuck. lol would look sick! hope your getting coilovers too. lol

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    sl looks nicer without the stupid sticker

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Cu2 Silvar
    Thanks so much for the pictures phil! Google helps somewhat in finding pictures but not usually on similar cars (and colours), and almost always a weird angle or distance.

That cl9 does look pretty nice with black wheels, not OTT at all I like it. The s2k tires look faaatttt. The wheels are pretty similar I think, bar the lip.

Dont think I'll do coilovers, mostly because my driveway scrapes my cl9 (at stock height.) Plus, I like money and can use the extra over springs for.. i dno a CAI or sway bar or something.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    fair enough man. but keep in mind - you improve your sway bars for what reason..... to improve handling. but you will never improve nearly as much as putting coilovers in.

a lot of people knock em but my euro is running BC BR coilovers. approx $1200. you can install youself.... set your ride height - stock height or lower if you want and your euro will feel like a different car.

you are spending the money on awesome rims... dont do sway bars before coilovers. thats my opinion. lol

BC's for street use are all you need. i know people that track with them and they do well.

steep driveway... go more sideways or buy one of those metal plates to get rid of the sudden steepness. BOOOMMMM problems solved.

haha

na i know what you mean man, but issue is stock euro height... the cars look like a bit "in the clouds".

your going sweet rims... they will look sick - but will be topped off with a slightly lower ride height.
    you have a jack hammer and a wheel barrow.... fix your driveway. lol

make sure you post some photos man... interested to see what she looks like.

yeh the s2k wheels are big but guards are rolled now and car sits low... so looks kinda normal again. lol

without the stickers EKVTIRT the wheels are too plain... may as well run steel rims with hubcaps coz they dont stand out at all! lol
    i should have gone bright orange wheels! lol God damn it!

Member Array
    Car:
    2008 Cu2 Silvar
    Haha yeah the car is more important, fix the driveway! I've spread a bunch of gravel around the area to raise it up a bit for that purpose already, I guess I should just use a bit more. Whats the ride like on BCs? I do want to keep some of that luxury feeling (but racecar!)

I think I've decided on enkei ekm3s in gunmetal, see:

The drop difference between coils and springs isnt that high anyway is it.. from 1.1" ish on tein htechs to 1.7-2ish on coils?