Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Yes, I agree the pattern isn't 100% but its really nothing to worry about. You still get enough light to drive your car around.

Hence why you have not gone back to ap1 headlights lol.

Should see the beam pattern on my Insurance Courtesy car lol, horrid.
    yeh there is enough, i just set the left fairly high and right down more.
    the main reason i didnt go back to ap1 lights is because of the look though.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra type s
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    I recommend the Quaife ATB Differential

Have put it into several customer/friends cars, they're beautiful!

Near maintenance free and friendly to use like the Honda Helical LSDs but performance is far beyond!
    Well the Quaife LSD's seem pretty expensive!
    Do you know the product number for the part that will fit on integra's or can you send me a link?

Read this for info on LSD.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ords-of-Wisdom

There's a good reason why MFactory is a best seller in the states.

Strength/Durability:
    OEM - Cast. Is weaker than the metal it was cut from
    Quaife - Machine Cut (Billet). As strong as the metal it was cut from
    Wavetrac - Machine Cut (Billet). As strong as the metal it was cut from
    MFactory - Forged. Upto 30% tougher than the metal it was cut from
    OBX - Cast. Is weaker than the metal it was cut from

Quality (Machining/Tolerance):
    OEM - Within oem specs
    Quaife - Within oem specs
    Wavetrac - Within oem specs (after they fixed their axle issues)
    MFactory - Within oem specs
    OBX - Toss of a coin. Some are ok (but still quite bad), some are ridiculously bad

Performance:
    OEM - Fine for most grocery getters. Might find your diff exploding though after a few aggressive seasons. Cannot handle too high of a torque level
    Quaife - No difference in aggressiveness from OEM as same bias ratio and tooth angle. Can handle higher torque. 2010+ models lighter weight (after copying us. Ironic, as pro-Quaife consumers think we are just a cheap copy of them)
    Wavetrac - No difference in aggressiveness from OEM as same bias ratio and tooth angle. Patent-pending design that allows it to function under extreme traction loss (i.e one wheel in the air). Effectiveness rather controversial though. Can handle higher torque.
    MFactory - Same bias ratio as OEM, but more aggressive tooth angle (i.e more power is transferred to the ground). Can handle higher torque. Is lightweight (due to being Forged + our weight reducing features)
    OBX - Is a cheap copy of the Quaife. Toss of a coin. Get a good one, and you may be ok for a while. Otherwise, expensive tranny rebuild.

Value for Money:
    OEM - No warranty (unless it is original equipment). Very expensive brand new, relatively affordable 2nd Hand
    Quaife - Lifetime warranty (dependant on Distributor policy. Officially, Quaife only offer the warranty to their own customers). As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Is the most expensive.
    Wavetrac - Lifetime warranty. Again, you get what you pay for. Is slightly cheaper than the Quaife
    MFactory - Lifetime warranty. Goes against the saying; You actually get more than what you pay for . Is the cheapest "Quality" differential, but is certainly not "cheap" (it is "lower cost" because of our manufacturing process i.e Forging, not because of its Quality).
    OBX - Lifetime warranty (which is never honored). You get what you pay for, and is a very expensive paperweight if you buy a dud. By far the cheapest.

Brand Recognition:
    OEM - Who's never heard of Honda?
    Quaife - The most recognisable
    Wavetrac - Owned by Autotech, the previous North American distributor for Quaife. Ditched Quaife (and left a lot of warranty claims in the gutter) to pursue their own product line
    MFactory - We released our Helical LSD 2 years ago. Since the late 90's, Quaife had 70% share of the North American Honda aftermarket. Now, in 2011, we have 70% share of the North American Honda aftermarket. The rest is shared between Quaife/Wavetrac/OBX
    OBX - An eBay Company

In summary? The MFactory is Stronger, Lighter and Machined Better than the Quaife, and this is a proven fact. To top it off, it is also a lower cost. The only reason why you would purchase a Quaife over an MFactory, is if you are after the brand name/bragging rights.
    MFactory Competition Products

You can pm or call me iuf you want more info
    MFactory Competition Products

Quote Originally Posted by IntegraTS View Post
    Well the Quaife LSD's seem pretty expensive!
    Do you know the product number for the part that will fit on integra's or can you send me a link?
    Hi =)

The Quaife details you need are here:

Product #: QDF9U
    Link: http://quaife.co.uk/shop/products/qdf9u-0

They are expensive but I haven't had issues with them in any of the applications I've put them in which I can't say the same for some of the other brands on the market. I haven't used MFactory before so I won't make any remarks on what my good friend has said

You can check out Quaife's credentials on their website and on google, very easy to see why they're most recognised in the business Not a Honda application, but it has worked wonders in my friend's Cayman S...
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 06-11-2013 at 08:26 PM.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter