Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda

B16A upgrades - without stripping motor

Hi All

I promise I have searched, surprisingly couldn't find a thread which covered this, I was sure I did last year?? anyway,
    my B16A has these current mods - cold air intake, headers/exhaust, wolf3d v4, otherwise stock, does have standard honda LSD, the car is registered but more focused to a trackcar.

I was after a few ideas which keep the cost under $1000, was thinking about a lightened flywheel and upgrading the clutch plate, any recommendations for brands, type?

Possibly- cams - typre R or others? once again any recommendations for brands? do I require to replace anything else at the same time?

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Best gains to be had if the car is track focused would be to strip the car & set up the suspension. Lap times will come down if tuned like this. Don't bother chasing power N/A (unless you plan on building a B20). Best off turbocharging it.

Other options would be light weight flywheel & HD clutch (I would recommend Competition Clutch), shorter final drive (4.7 or 4.9) and a NOS bottle :P
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda
    Thanks for the info, suspension, brakes all sorted, just wanted to concentrate on the engine while I had it out, I have decided to just change the flywheel and clutch, had a search on ebay, I would prefer a chromo moly flywheel to.

does anyone know of the brand xtr? link below

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XTR-STAGE...2920a40&_uhb=1

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Postage:
    US $252.25
    lmao what the fuk rip off
    for that kinda money buy exedy from usa.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda
    yeah postage is a killer, they all seem to be approximately that and all from the usa

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by monda2 View Post
    yeah postage is a killer, they all seem to be approximately that and all from the usa
    $50-80 max
    find other seller.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda
    every item is from USA, all range from $200-300 shipping nothing from OZ thats comparable unless you know of any?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4 B18CR
    lol u got $1000 right? i would go for EXEDY HD with Toda or Spoon flywheel otherwise ORC 309 SERIES SINGLE PLATE Kits
    Last edited by Monetz; 29-10-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    I can do comp clutch stage 2 & light weight flywheel for around $800
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Final drive swap would see much more noticeable gains than a lightened flywheel and could easily be had for your budget.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I'm putting in a 4.9 FD so if you're prepared to hold out for a while I can give you feedback or a shotgun ride.