New JDM Type R owner

Hi,

Im an English guy, living in Australia. Ive just registered and thought id say hello!
    I used to be a fairly active member on ITR-DC5.com in the UK, where i used to own a JDM DC5 type R in championship white. I modified the car a bit and was running about 240 odd bhp.
    So today i just purchased my second Type R. It is JDM, like my old one, but in Milano Red and was imported from Ireland a couple of years ago.
    I've tried searching around to see what the going market price for a JDM Type R is but ive found little info. Does anyone know what they go for here in Aus, trying to guage if i've over paid.
    The car is a little scruffy but im a perfectionist. So over the next few months i'll be looking to tidy her up. She needs a damn good clean, bolsters replacing, a few electrical issues sorting, front lip respraying, alloys refurbing and maybe valve clearances done.
    I thought the valve clearances should be checked every 60K, does anyone know if this is true?

Sorry for all the questions!
    Anyway, good to be back in a type R and hope i can contribute something to this place.

Cheers
    Matt

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    welcome lad,any pics of your new JDM?

Thanks mate. Ive just collected it, so no pics as yet. I will post some in the Gallery soon though.

I think valve clearances are normally done every 40,000km/50,000km, I could be wrong though.