Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MY08 Civic VTI

So who actually loves their FN2R?

Hey guys, I am in the market for a new car tossing up between a few choices and am considering a fn2, a few mates and reviews have indicated that it lacks power and isn't the best choice , havent heard many that are in love with their fn2, can you guys shed some light on the positives and great aspects of the fn2?

Depends I have an fn2r sitting in my garage. The car isn't powerful if your a full license driver where you would have access to all the turbo goodness well for Victoria at least. Compared to those cars the car definitely lacks in power. I have found that after intake, full exhaust and a tune the car is a very enjoyable car to drive. It your really in love with the car then why not just get it. If you think it lacks in power you could always throw in a turbo or a supercharger. My number one dislike about the car is the lack of independent suspension creating understeer other than that I don't have any problem with the car. The car is much quieter on the inside than my ep3. Feels nice to sit in the fn2r, I love the two level dash. Personally I still like my ep3 not the biggest fan of the aesthetic look that Honda is heading. Each to their own. I personally think that the fn2 is a great daily car
    Last edited by EpJay; 15-11-2013 at 01:08 AM.

I have an FK2 which is the economic brother of the FN2.

Both are fun to drive.

Best places to feel the soul of the car is on country roads or mountain passes

A K&N air intake makes the car sound a little better, but a good exhaust system like militek will really make VTEC sound very pleasing

These are the areas that makes the civic hatch shine.
    Last edited by Grayfox; 16-11-2013 at 12:36 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2009 Red FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by ryzz View Post
    Hey guys, I am in the market for a new car tossing up between a few choices and am considering a fn2, a few mates and reviews have indicated that it lacks power and isn't the best choice , havent heard many that are in love with their fn2, can you guys shed some light on the positives and great aspects of the fn2?
    I will happily talk up the FN2R. The version with the LSD is great and most of the talk about it being worse than other cars is usually by people who haven't lived with one. Once you have one for a while and get out in the real world it is fun and addictive. Have had it for over a year and haven't modded anything, which is huge for me!

I have had RWD turbos with more power and got sick of their heat soak in the summer and the torque spinning cold tyres in the wet. Am pretty sure Honda worked to smooth out power delivery to keep the tyres from breaking traction and this is the reason for the power criticisms. It's gets 80% of the torque low in the rev range so you rarely VTEC it. And once you realise the thing isn't out to kill you it makes you more confident.

The 40 profile tyres are pretty harsh around town but they make sense at speed. The gear shift is surgical and a pleasure to use. The torsion beam thing is not worth worrying about either. It makes the chassis stiffer and puts the rear seats right above the back wheels so so helps weight balance. Hence stability better and no rear inside wheel lift in tight bends.

What else... oh, the rear vision ain't too good but the rear spoiler blocks out trailing car headlights at night, which is a good thing.

Would love any comparable honda if I had the means and the garage space. Not bagging EP3's or others. Just wanted modern.
    ...96 EK4 VTIR Hatch, Enkei RPF1s, BClub Short Shift Kit, Mugen Pedals, Tanabe NF210 springs, whiteline rear sway bar

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Hey Guys,

I current own a 07 Civic Type R.

In Short **please note this is completely based on my own opinion**

Pro's
    - Amazing Dash and Futuristic Interior (after all i am the one looking at it most of the time from the inside)
    - Drives like a Japanese Car, Feels like a European car
    - Firm steering
    - Easy to Drive
    - Decent Power
    - Chassis is stiff and rigid and feels like a Golf
    - Good Value for money?

Con's
    - Most people have problems with 3rd Gear popping out while changing gears??
    - Electronics last no where as long as Japanese made electronics, i have a 2007 Model and my CD player has died and reads "disc error"
    - Easily Chopped by other non performance cars
    - Not your best PICK UP vehicle (for gents that understand what i mean)
    - lost some Red Blooded Traits compared to previous models
    - Expensive to maintain

In my eyes, driving should be based on your overall experience and how you actually drive your vehicle. No vehicle is better or worse and the Fn2 should definitely not be compared to the EP3 as they are 2 completely different vehicles from 2 different markets and developed by 2 different countries.

Even if i had another choice i would still choose the FN2 as it makes me feel great when i rev my engine past 8000rpm looking at the futuristic dash the Fn2 has to offer.

If you are a speed head and want something fast and believe you are a great driver/ racer and need everything else the EP3 or DC5R has to offer, then i would recommend that you reconsider getting a Honda because a Honda will never beat an AWD around a track or on the road.
    \
    \
    \
    \
    My 2 Cents

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
    Con's
    - Most people have problems with 3rd Gear popping out while changing gears??
    I have this on the rare occasion. Well...it tries to pop out but I just push it back in lol.

For any future buyers out there: Before I purchased my FN2, I knew that there was alot of hate already on the car. I test drove it, loved it and bought it. I thought about selling it a few months after but just couldn't let it go.

I don't know any FN2 owners that actually don't like their car :P

I would have to admit though the EP3/DC5 is definitely more fun to drive but if your after modern - FN2 is the way to go for me

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    FN2R with simple mods = fun car to drive on the road and on race track
    I got tegiwa header on stock catback + k&n panel filter on stock air box + Intake tract + Flash pro and tuned ( 133.3kw@wheels , 24kw gain compared to stock at 5800rpm)
    I did 1:13 at wakefield park raceway on oem size Hankook RS3 street tyres.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic type R
    I have the occasion third gear crunch when cold other than that good all round daily driver .
    fn2rs are very comfortable to drive i find , ive a had a few type rs and this one suits me fine.
    I agree dc5 are best suited for track purposes over civic.
    :-) my 2cents also