Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Knocking sound from front of car

Hi all,

I have just purchased a 2008 accord euro luxury CU2.
    I have just noticed a small knocking sound at low speed coming from the front right it seems.

Basically the sound is evident when I come to a stop at a set of lights or similar and when I take off.

Any idea what it could be? The sound is not evident above 20km/hr

Possibly mounts. Is it an auto? If so put it in drive, left foot on break and rev. Get someone to watch the engine bay. If its the front mount then the engine will rock pretty badly.
    Last edited by peetah; 16-11-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Given the age of the car, I don't think it would have broken an engine mount as yet.

Might be a loose driveshaft or bushing. May even be the off chance of wheel nuts being loose.

It is a manual. I am not sure if it is just because I can hear it but I can "feel" it in the steering wheel. A small vibration on each knock.

Mine turned out to be the front mount completely ripping out of its joint and the knock was the top of the mount being lifted and plopping back down to make the noise. Don't remember if I could feel it or not but that's what ended up being the problem in my car.

Would happen pretty much every time I stopped and took off. If I powered through it happened less but if I drove normally it "popped" everytime I shifted into second coming from a stop. This was the mount landing back down.

Happened to me a year ago and mine is an 06. Had about 85,000 km at the time.

My bet is still on a bushing/driveshaft, if it's an engine mount you can likely hear it even on idle as mentioned before. Also the feedback isn't so much through the steering wheel as opposed to say a bushing.

I am going to take it in to pedders for their $28 check. I suspect they should be able to identify it?

Yeah they should, but they would probably charge you an arm and leg to fix it. Also may say it's another issue which it isn't.

When I had my WRX the alignment was out because of camber bolts. I took it to get aligned and they said the hub was broken and causing the alignment to be off and it was $400 to fix.... There was nothing wrong with it as I tried to explain to them several times.... Needless to say they would have said it was a bent control arm which had more possibility.

Needless to say if I had no idea I would have got ripped off..

It is still under the statutory warranty period so I would not be getting them to fix it. It will be going back to the dealer if I there is an issue. I just want an independent person outside of the dealership to take a look.

Pedders check came back with no issues.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    lol don't go to pedders
    Go to an actual suspension place that isn't owned by a big company that will actually check your car and give you feedback and discuss the problem with you
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    lol don't go to pedders
    Go to an actual suspension place that isn't owned by a big company that will actually check your car and give you feedback and discuss the problem with you
    Yeah, but it won't be $28, I cannot see the purpose of taking it to a performance suspension shop for that, I don't think they would take it very serious either...