Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DC2R engine not starting Please Help!!

Hey guys,
    Recently I had took my car out for a drive and as I got home my central locking was not working, I was too tired to figure it out why. So the next day I called a mate (btw not lights what so ever were working at this point) to check it out and stupid me I didn't check the battery. So today I went and bought a brand new battery and had installed it about 3 hours ago, now as I try to turn the car on it makes a weird switching noise and all my lights tend to fade away and come back as I stop trying to turn on the car, hence the engine will not budge. All the lights work and also my central locking works but can't seem to turn the engine on. I'm having suspiciouns that it is either the fuel pump or the starter motor. Just wanted to know what you guys think and what are your opinions on this situation.
    Thank You.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    nothing to do with fuel pump as it s not even cranking. Sounds like starter with what you have told us

Wait after reading your post again, u 'installed' a new battery, then tried to start it 3 hours later? might be flat again, u might have something in your car drawing power. Get someone to jump start it and see if it starts
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    +1 for the above and double check your battery connections are clean and corrosion free
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Hmm thanks guys got a mate to check everything out I'm purchasing new terminals for my battery and if that doesn't work out I think I'll be going with buying or reconditioning my starter motor. Just a heads up also, while my mate was checking it out the motor actually turned on once so we turned it off again to see if it'll turn back on hence it didn't, the only thing that it was doing is making click noises from where the starter motor is but then again we are thinking there might be shortage somewhere due to my central locking playing up with us. Also the battery is fine has not drained any battery the light thingy still shows green.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    the battery window isnt a good source of anything to be honest. if you guys where just screwing about touching and poking things and it started then clean your battery connections (some sandpaper is fine) serious.. go outside now and do it!!! dont buy new anything just check the connections
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    the battery window isnt a good source of anything to be honest. if you guys where just screwing about touching and poking things and it started then clean your battery connections (some sandpaper is fine) serious.. go outside now and do it!!! dont buy new anything just check the connections
    This post is choice

those green indicators are absolutely useless, i used to sell batteries, even the manufacturer used to tell us 'don't take to much notice of the green indicator'

Perfectly fine batteries may have been dark, and completely rooted batteries could have showed green. All over the joint.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4 B18CR
    check your battery connections make sure the tie check engine wire and fuse.

Ahk thanks a heaps load for you guide peeps, bought new terminals/ adapters for my battery hoping to install them tomorrow or on Saturday...see how everything goes...I hope it's those don't want to waste time and money on a starter motor or wiring...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    even though u mads avatar is hot you must spread some rep....blah blah

also i love that op just dosnt take advice, just lets us know that hes gonna do what ever.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    even though u mads avatar is hot you must spread some rep....blah blah

also i love that op just dosnt take advice, just lets us know that hes gonna do what ever.
    Could have used that money on gearbox additive like advised for his crunching box.

Ohh wait, he doesn't need our advice.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    What daveho1 suggested was free, might've been ideal to try that before spending money.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Meh mate atleast at the end of the day what ever I spend money on I will not have to look back at it. I know it's new and won't stuff up simple and that gearbox additive that people advised me to use well lets just say I don't want to use it as much as I heard good stuff about it, I heard bad stuff and it doesnt owe up so I decided not to use it. Thanks anyway.

Anyway thanks heaps guys, turned out to be the terminals/adapters, first crank and it started cheering. Now give it a mad wash after sitting there for 3 days and Im craving to get back and drive it haha..