Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 & CU2

[CL9] Can you replace base model cloth seats with leather seats from lux models?

So I've finally decided that I'm sick of the black cloth trim in my base model CL9. Dust and fibres stick out like a sore tooth, makes the car look dirty and is a pain in the ass to clean.

Seen a few black leather interiors from lux models for sale (on ebay, gumtree etc) in the past and just wondering if it's an easy or straight forward process to swap them over?

Has anyone tried doing this before?

fitting them in and working out how to power the seats are easy (if you dont mind not having the seat warmers). tricky part is having the airbag sensor work for the passenger side. i havent gotten around to rewring it but it can be done.
    theres a thread on here about how to power the seats but nothing on the airbag.

LOL I am actually in the process of doing this myself too. In short yes you can. I bought a 06 leather interior off ebay and have so far installed the door inserts, backseats and centre console armest no problem (in an afternoon). After getting a quote to install the front seats by a auto electrician for 800-1000 (saying I needed 60amp cabling, swtiches etc.) I have decided to try do that part myself as I have seen a few people have managed to do. Im guessing it would be quite similar to installing an amp or something as the main thing for is connecting the power to the electric seats (heated would be nice esp. in canberra but seems to complicated).

backseats

cloth front seats

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyspank View Post
    fitting them in and working out how to power the seats are easy (if you dont mind not having the seat warmers). tricky part is having the airbag sensor work for the passenger side. i havent gotten around to rewring it but it can be done.
    theres a thread on here about how to power the seats but nothing on the airbag.
    I have done a bit of research and looks like I need to tap power from somewhere for both seats. Monkeyspank, where did you tap the 12V power from and can you tap the power for both seats from the same sources? I was thinking cigerette lighter and CD player power?

Also, with the sirbag system, can't you simply connect the exisiting yellow wiring harness to the one existing in the seat? Making sure that you disconnect power from battery etc. during the process?

pics of wiring harness (drivers side on top)

I'm assuming more connections will need to be made like on the passenger side harness. Is the thrid non-yellow dark grey harness the weight sensor? I'm assuming that would have something to do with the SRS sytem. And I'm assuming it is the weight sensor as the drivers side does not have it :/

Any help would be much much much appreciated and when I get a bit more info and time I'll make a step by step write-up as I have noticed a few people out there thinking about doing the same thing.
    Last edited by BSC_077; 19-11-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    A conversion like this - theres no DIY instructions to it. you have to read, understand, and then apply into your scenario

Use these 2 links
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...=1#post3690020 MY post #28

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...Warnings-(CL9) Kreston's post in the DIY thread on his method of bypassing the SRS errors

Quote Originally Posted by cheapdouchebag View Post
    Have a look at this link download it n try to make sense of page 134 http://db.tt/W8posXS. U WILL SEE you need 2 power wires n 2 ground wires. im pretty sure the diagram is correct as i followed this diagram as well but i cant remember as ive installed these seats in ages ago but i studied that diagram for about an hr or so as im no electrican. u need to extend the wiring of both white/blue & white/red with some wiring u can get from jaycar or places like that. any cable good for 20A. and once uve extended it now its time to find out where to leech some power from. That diagram shows best place to leach is 2 fuses under the kick panel. which are fuse 14 and fuse 16. I decided to do it the easy way and tap it into fuse 14 and the other one into my ciggy lighter which is also a 12v output. only that means i cant pull my seat back n forth without the cd player on.
    Hey thanks for that..just a quick follow up question. You mention tapping into fuse 14 and fuse 16 under the kick panel, but as they are the fuse for electric seats..in a non-luxe euro are they still active i.e. have power going through it. Further, you mentioned the cigarette lighter, (which from memory was fuse 26 or something) did you just splice the power from the cable (area behind entertainment unit) or from the actual fuse panel. And if from the fuse panel, how, did you have to take the panel off or can you put a fuse tap (below)

Also can you run power for both seats from same source (I'm guessing you could as it is unlikely you try to operate both seats at the same time and if you did for only a short period reducing chance of heating up etc.

Thanks again and sorry for hijacking thread

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    Fuse 14 for my car had a fuse in it (confirm whether or not you have a fuse in spot 14 or not) if u do, pull the fuse out - shove the power in the slot and then seal it back up by putting the fuse back in with the cable stuck in it. so the more cleaner way to yes, use the fuse tap. but really, u can use any fuse that will provide a 12V outlet. You can even use the ignition fuse. that what u can move the seat in one direction without the car being on.

As for the cigarette lighter, well really i just tapped it into the cigarette cable plug on the +ve end (i think it was i havent done this in a long time)

You can run power for both seats from the same source, but try running both motors at the same time - you will blow the fuse straight away. thats y u need at least 2 12v outlets.
    Last edited by cheapdouchebag; 19-11-2013 at 02:52 PM.

been trawling online for days and you've answered my question in a few minutes...thanks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 & CU2
    Thanks a lot for the responses so far... looks like its a bit more complicated than I was hoping for with all the wiring and the tapping for power sources.

I hope all goes well with the front seats BSC_077... would be most grateful if you can do a step by step write-up after you've figured out the best configuration for powering the front seats (including heating etc).

okay so I made a litte guide for people..but yeah unfortunately that pesky airbag light came on

heres the thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...04-Accord-Euro

https://www.facebook.com/groups/auseuro/

There's a guy on Aus Euro facebook page at the moment selling his leather seats, front and back
    K&N Typhoon CAI || Weapon-R Headers + High Flow CAT || APEX'i WS2 catback || Ralco RZ Pulleys || Progress RSB || Alutec FTB || Tein Street Basis || Enkei Lusso 18" x 8" +40
    REFLASHED AUDM ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    Quote Originally Posted by BSC_077 View Post
    okay so I made a litte guide for people..but yeah unfortunately that pesky airbag light came on

heres the thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...04-Accord-Euro
    Basically, the jist of the DIY as Kreston has posted up - Theres a computer module in the side bolters of your cloth seats that you need to swap into the leather passenger seat. Navigating yourself to disassemble both seats to get to that computer and putting the seats back together without leaving any evidence that the seat has been tampered with is beyond me (as both seats have anti-tampering clips,rings etc.)

The way i did it - put the cloth passenger seat back in. then take the car and the leather seat to a retrimmer. Get the retrimmer to swap the fabric over for the leather (so your passenger side will NOT have electric rails). No airbags issues there as the original computer for your car is still connected to the rest of the SRS system.