Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R

Lowering DC5r :eek:

Hi Guy,

Lowering a DC5r,

Are stock tie rods really that weak??

Please advise asap.

My dc5r is lowered on N+ with about 2 finger gap between the wheels and wheel arches.

My Rods are gone and insurance is willing to pay I need to asap so I can submit the report for replacement.

I have heard bad things about Js racing inverted rods, but its the only thing I can find.

Regards,
    Amant

It's not that the tie rods are 'weak', i've never heard of anyone that has shagged up stock tie rods (J's racing rods i think ChargeR had them fail). The problem with lowering a DC5R is that you run out of toe adjustment with the stock tie rods. N+ has a slotted top hole so i'm guessing you've dialled in some camber which gives even less thread to play with.

What you want is shortened tie rods so you can run lowered/cambered with being able to align toe. Inverted ends is to correct steering rack angle, which you can run T1R/akom or use a steering arm bracket
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    So.... what your saying is. I can run stock tie rods if its properly adjusted to the N+?

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    So.... what your saying is. I can run stock tie rods if its properly adjusted to the N+?
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    It's not that the tie rods are 'weak', i've never heard of anyone that has shagged up stock tie rods (J's racing rods i think ChargeR had them fail). The problem with lowering a DC5R is that you run out of toe adjustment with the stock tie rods. N+ has a slotted top hole so i'm guessing you've dialled in some camber which gives even less thread to play with.

What you want is shortened tie rods so you can run lowered/cambered with being able to align toe. Inverted ends is to correct steering rack angle, which you can run T1R/akom or use a steering arm bracket
    I guess if you could read in the first place you wouldn't be asking this question
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    How about a caster plate? Will this help fix the problem?

Apparently, Lowering the DC5 on N+ will work but the tread wear will not be great.

Yes the Toe adjustment has been explained to me.

The insurance mech wants to install caster plates to correct the cars geo.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Google the following:

- Camber
    - Castor
    - Toe

That'll answer your questions.