Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HELP! Will RSX Front brake pads FIT AUD DC5 TYPE R ??

Im currently looking for a set of new Front brake pads for my dc5 type r. I went to supercheap to order a set of bendix pads and they ended up being the wrong ones, (their stuff up) so i checked the bendix site and it actually states "INTEGRA 1997-NOW" and the part number which is DB1206. So i ordered those thinking OK ive got the right ones now. After i had received them, i tried to fit them but again they were the wrong ones also!

So now im confused? so i did a quick search on ebay U.S and they seem to have the same shape pads on their RSX S as we do for our DC5 Type R. So im thinking are they the same/will they fit ?? Very frustrating when you need to get front pads ASAP!!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    They will! Check my fs thread! Im selling rotors, lines n pads for $50... Pads are meaty as!!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    They will! Check my fs thread! Im selling rotors, lines n pads for $50... Pads are meaty as!!

RSX-S fits the AUDM type r
    I know cause i have bought pads from acura bbefore

Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    RSX-S fits the AUDM type r
    I know cause i have bought pads from acura bbefore
    Ok great thanks for that

Well im getting alot of both yes and no answers from people saying that even AUD type s pads will fit onto a type r so to make it clear, ive posted a pic ive taken of my Front pad off my DC5 TYPE R and above, what bendix thought was for my type R but clearly isnt, because it is too long and the straight edges wont go into the caliper.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So if anyone has a front set that they are selling and are the same as my type r ones posted above please PM me !

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    lots of stuff
    DC5 FRONT brake pads are the same as S2000 pads. Take those wrong pads back and swap it for these:

http://www.bendix.com.au/catalogue?m...&oepart=&part=

Also these are RSX Type S pads. Again, looks pretty damn similar:
    Last edited by michaelz; 27-06-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Thanks for that Michaelz, will definitely chase that up. They do look very much the same, but i guess ill have to try them to find out !

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by cazz View Post
    Well im getting alot of both yes and no answers from people saying that even AUD type s pads will fit onto a type r so to make it clear, ive posted a pic ive taken of my Front pad off my DC5 TYPE R and above, what bendix thought was for my type R but clearly isnt, because it is too long and the straight edges wont go into the caliper.

[IMG]http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1759/brakepad.jpg[IMG]
    Wrong pads, those actually look like pads from DC2 Type R.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Wrong pads, those actually look like pads from DC2 Type R.

Well according to bendix those pads fits type R from 97-NOW.... maybe a DC2, but certainly not a DC5.

Member Array
    As michaelz has mentioned, you'll need to buy the ap1 s2000 front pads. i've swapped pads between my ap1 and dc5r without problems.