Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by moro95 View Post
    really great progress on the car! all these options are getting me eager to spend my own money on them haha, just out of curiosity, how much did they quote for the illuminated door sills? wouldnt mind a set for mine!

and does anyone know if we can still get oem accessories from honda for our fd civics?
    The illuminated doors sills from memory were about $199 and $110 fitting on top... so $410-ish?

We can still get ANY OEM part for the FD at the dealership as far as I know, it hasn't reached EOL yet :P

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1210 View Post
    I just thought there was an examption if they were OEM like HIDs... but I couldn't find any info on legality of footwell lights so I will assume that they are legal regardless.

Anyway, I was planning to replace the LED globes in the footwell lighting clusters sometime down the line to a slightly brighter globe (not too bright). It's made up of two LED bulbs in each cluster, so I figured I could probably crack them open and solder new bulbs in? may work?
    They will be SMD devices or small LEDs.

Never seen the OEM ones.

But removing the LED and replacing it is not as easy as you make it sound.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    I just thought there was an examption if they were OEM like HIDs... but I couldn't find any info on legality of footwell lights so I will assume that they are legal regardless.
    that's not an exception, it's just that OEM is done properly
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    that's not an exception, it's just that OEM is done properly
    With Auto leveling sensors, headlight washers, and proper housings.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    With Auto leveling sensors, headlight washers, and proper housings.
    I never understood the purpose of headlight washers and HID's. I can understand auto levelling and housings... but washers?!

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    They will be SMD devices or small LEDs.

Never seen the OEM ones.

But removing the LED and replacing it is not as easy as you make it sound.
    The OEM ones are in a clamshell looking housing about the size of a 50c coin. There's a screw holding the housing together when I checked. I work with electronics by trade so soldering or in the case of an SMD, an IR bench isn't an issue.

Dunno how bothered I am though... will have to see :P

I never understood the purpose of headlight washers and HID's. I can understand auto levelling and housings... but washers?!
    dirt distort light. on high speed highways and country road headlights are easily soiled, hence washers. afterall if you are travelling long distance and high speed its nice to be able to see up in front of you.

pretty sure for HIDs they are also a legal requirement.
    Last edited by sensei_; 01-12-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    dirt distort light. on high speed highways and country road headlights are easily soiled, hence washers. afterall if you are travelling long distance and high speed its nice to be able to see up in front of you.

pretty sure for HIDs they are also a legal requirement.
    I know the bit that they clean the lights... like volvo had them a long time ago. But why apply these to HID only and not to regular lights? The ADR rules make me confused half the time. :-/

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    I have 2 sets of sussy for sale if ur keen,
    bc br coilovers
    and stock shocks with lowered pedders springs...

pm me if ur keen

I know the bit that they clean the lights... like volvo had them a long time ago. But why apply these to HID only and not to regular lights? The ADR rules make me confused half the time. :-/
    apparently the focus of projector beams tend to get screwed around with more easily due to dirt or something. whereas halogen lights are a softer glow rather then concentrated beam.

but if you look back, cars like volvo, merc, lexus, long had washers before they had HIDs

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Getting the rest of my kit installed in a few days time so I decided to see how my driveway would cope with a new kit...

UMMMMM...

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW 335i Coupe
    HID headlights next Like the Accord Euro and Civic Sport 2.0L