Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Car! DC5R Questions :)

Hey guys!

So i finally bought a DC5 Type R that i have been after for months! It took me a while to find the right one but i finally found a genuine seller (He is a frequent OzHonda user)
    Please see the pic i took below!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1425677_10151784613017894_992308696_n.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	25968

Here are the details!

136 XXXkm
    White with Red Recaros
    TODA Headers
    Custom 3inch exhaust from headers back
    Kpro Tuned to 147KW ATW
    Coilovers
    Injen Intake
    HID
    A few other Goodies

I am absolutely stoked i must say what a car! Everything is just so good its so responsive! I came from an Auto DC4 so you can imagine the power difference.

I just had a few questions to ask

1. The Exhaust has to be the most loudest drone i have ever heard on a car. The ECU has been tuned so that VTEC kicks in at 4300RPM and the crossover makes the exhaust sound like a ferrari (not in a good way)! I really need to change over the exhaust before my neighbours slash my tyres lol. it has a massive 4inch cannon. Do i just have to replace it from the Axle back? it has 3inch pipeing from the TODA headers. If so, which Axle Back would you recomend to give it a nice Crossover but not overly loud.

2. Since the ECU is chipped to kick VTEC in at 4300 RPM, Is this no good for the engine as it is used alot more than what it would stock?

3. Im not sure if this is normal, i noticed in the engine bay there is a hole on each side where the steering rack goes through to the front wheels ( Not sure if that what it is ). But basically you can see both front wheels from inside the engine bay! im not sure if this is normal? it looks like this could dirty the engine bay?

4. The coilovers are adjusted pretty low and when you do a full lock you can hear them making a popping sound. The owner told me it was happending as soon as he installed them and his mechanic said its a common issue on the DC5 when you change to coilovers. Would raising them fix this problem?

Thank for the assistance! Hope im not asking to much

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    1. find a twinloop axleback, might be hard to find in 3", or consider a xforce varex.

2. Its fine for the engine.

3. Sounds like you are missing splash guards/ fender liners. No biggie, but if you wan't them, keep an eye out for wrecked dc5, maybe contact wreckers ect.

4. Popping? are they pillowballl mounts?
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Thanks for the reply!

1. A good mate also recomended XFORCE Varex hopefully i can find a sound test on a DC5R!

2. Awsome!

3. I think that could be it. I have a pic on my phone of the hole :

4. Well he said he had the CV and Ball joints fully checked to make sure that was not it and it is defintely the coilovers as it only appeared when they were installed. He sent me this link to confirm http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.p...-at-full-lock/
    Last edited by GucciSir; 27-11-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    1. Varex is illigal. Go to an exhaust shop and tell them "The car is too loud, can you put an extra muffler in". Or have them change the entire exhaust to something around 2 1/2'

2. Do oil changes regularly, and don't push the car while it's cold, and you'll be fine.

3. It's normal, and how it came from the factory

4. What type of coilovers are they? It's the spring rotating on the perch.

Thank for the reply!

Im hoping to track down either a Xforce or Mugan twin loop Axle back so i dont have replace to much of the pipeing.

Im surprised those engine panels are from factory. It looks on a wet day the wheels may flick a bit of water into the engine bay and maybe damage the block. I guess not otherwise it would be a known problem

The colivers are TEIN type HA. There adjusted pretty low. A mate of mine said he had the same cabin noise with his coilovers and he got them Tightened and it went away. Not sure if this is what needs to be done?

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Hey dude! Congrats on the purchase!

First off, you could probably get away with just changing the axel back to a twin loop BUT it may not match up with your current mid pipe. So its rather hard to say whether you can just change the axel back. I personally would recommend changing the whole thing from the mid pipe to something like the mugen twin loop. You will love it, I know I did!

Secondly, having the lower vtec cross over point is fine but make sure of two things: oil level and you dont smash it when your car is cold.

Third. Thats normal!

Fourth. I can't put much input here but I do have the same problem but It has never really bothered me. I've had my own suspension looked at and we couldn't really find a problem to rectify to get rid of the "popping" sounds.

Hope this helps and make sure to sign up on clubITR as we are having a EOYM soon and you should definitely come along!
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Don't go smaller exhaust op, you will lose power.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Youtube 'dc5 exhaust catalogue'. Some good exhausts are demoed there so you have an idea of sound.i recommend fujitsubo...reasonably priced and awesome sounding.
    EG

Thanks for the reply guys! I will defintely join clubITR today excited for some meets!

I will look at getting either a Mugan or fujitsubo Twin loop from mid pipe ! Quick question though, i have not really been able to find either to buy online for DC5? i even contacted Xforce and they advised me that they no longer stock their twin loop which is odd i thought it was popular?

I am located in Syd, Any reccomendations as to where i might look to find either of these? i tried ebay and gumtree but did not find much ...

Quote Originally Posted by GucciSir View Post
    Thanks for the reply guys! I will defintely join clubITR today excited for some meets!

I will look at getting either a Mugan or fujitsubo Twin loop from mid pipe ! Quick question though, i have not really been able to find either to buy online for DC5? i even contacted Xforce and they advised me that they no longer stock their twin loop which is odd i thought it was popular?

I am located in Syd, Any reccomendations as to where i might look to find either of these? i tried ebay and gumtree but did not find much ...
    JDMYard. They are a trader on here
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Hey Op, I have the same 4 problem.

The noise is coming from your tie rods.

We have to modify a fair bit to lower our dc5s.

For the rest as everyone else says. I would also look maybe to get really good resonator installed into your current set up. This will quieten down your exhaust probs be the cheapest option.

Shorten/Longer tie rods.

Rear camber kit.

This will adjust the cars geo back to OEM spec's.

Use a Varex exhaust mate. Plenty of people i know use them and have no dramas. Just don't be silly and close the valve when a police officer is suddenly behind you as it'll be a dead give away.
    Also you won't be able to see the remote unit on top of the rear muffler due the the rear lip design on the Dc5 so you'll be safe mate.

Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    Don't go smaller exhaust op, you will lose power.
    What he says is true as your car has been tuned with your current exhaust in mind. Stick to something similar.