Member Array
    Car:
    EK1

Anyone tried the new king springs on EK hatch?

Has anyone has tried the new king springs? Apparently they are progressive springs and uses X5K materials.

I found a picture of a comparison with old and new:

The new springs (right) has less coils and larger gaps. Wouldn't that mean the ride will be more bouncy?

The steel is smaller but I believe this is because of the new material used. I think the old springs were linear springs from memory?

Which is the better one?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    king springs are jus crap product all together if ur asking about performance lol, they are too soft, and are only used merely for lowering a car for looks, if u want performance look to tein, eibachs, lovells springs, those will offer superior ride comfort and handling, usually 2-4 kg/mm stiffer as well.

all king springs by nature are designed as oem replacement, even Super super lows, they are all progressive spring rates, from the old to the new lineup, cant speak for the new kings, but the old ones were crap, didnt really like them imo, too soft n bouncy.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    king springs are jus crap product all together if ur asking about performance lol, they are too soft, and are only used merely for lowering a car for looks, if u want performance look to tein, eibachs, lovells springs, those will offer superior ride comfort and handling, usually 2-4 kg/mm stiffer as well.

all king springs by nature are designed as oem replacement, even Super super lows, they are all progressive spring rates, from the old to the new lineup, cant speak for the new kings, but the old ones were crap, didnt really like them imo, too soft n bouncy.
    Are you familiar with Tein S.tech on an EK hatchback? I heard that the U.S version is lower than the Japan/Aus version, is this true?

Do you know the exact drop? I think it is around 1.7inch but im not too sure. Would be good if anyone has any pics with 14" wheels.

Member Array
    Car:
    10 Honda GE Fit
    with the same trouble and effort, i would rather save up for a set of good coilovers, i had H&R springs before and now all my cars are lowered with the TOG coilovers. no complains for daily or track use.
    2010 Honda Jazz GE8
    The One Garage | https://www.facebook.com/togautogroup
    Honda Fit Club Brisbane | https://www.facebook.com/Hondafitbrisbane