Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squeeky CMC

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    Very common for the ball that the release fork rests on the get rusty and squeak

Most likely the sound is coming from where the slave cylinder rod head contacts with the release fork.

My car has the same issue. Pulling it apart and cleaning and lubricating with a suitable grease (I use this http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...pid=1935#Cross ) fixes it for a month or two, and then the noise is back. It's pretty annoying doing it this often, as you have to rebleed to clutch each time you do it. I've tried getting some grease through the slit in the rubber boot (to save taking it all apart), this sort of works sometimes.

Does anyone know if a new slave would fix the problem? Do the new ones have some sort of hard coating on the rod head that stops the squeak, and doesn't wear off straight away? Can't imagine new dc2s from factory were squeaking within the first year of ownership

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    thanks guise

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by cbauto View Post
    thanks guise
    y u no thank me

S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    y u no thank me

You will get a personal thanks
    SSpamily