View Poll Results: VTiR ripped pr not ripped?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • ripped

11 61.11%
  • not ripped (with 1/2 a car length)

7 38.89%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I dont think a gen 5 prelude can beat an S15 off the line but rolling start it would come pretty close.. with both drivers at equal skills. This is stock to stock.. if modded.. the driver of the s15 would be to the lude driver..

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Considering a JDM S15 Spec R has 186kw Standard (prolly more like 200), it should be minced meat for the lude

It was a standing start, and I caught him out, he wasn;t really paying attention. Unlike myself, who was thinking of this thread, and needed 4500RPM launch practices...

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Si
    of course the j-spec S15 would rip mieces into pieces! (yes mieces is deliberately spelt like that..)

lol McChook he didn't even notice you.. :cry:

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    not until he heard the wheelspin off the line. Which I guess makes it fair, coz a FWD lude isn;t gonna have a chance then... but then he made every attempt to catch up (for a far wile I must say), but the damage was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon
    If the ITR cant beat the 200sx, the lude will have no hope..
    Finally someone with some knowledge!
    Xenon, i totally agree with you!

I have been in a Gen 5 Prelude, cos my brother was going to buy one so he drive his mates first and also alot at the dealership but i have also been in a S15 (FHRX) and even to think the Prelude would win is stupid...

If the Prelude beats the S15 what does the DC5R Type R and S2000 beat?
    Because the Prelude has no chance against both of them!

According to some people on here the S2000 would beat a GT2 because of V-Tec...
    Honeslty, look at power to weight ratio's, gear ratio's and what each engine has to offer, and you will finally understand why the S15 would kill it...

Thats all i have to say!

Quote Originally Posted by n/a
    but then the turbo lag kicks in and jumps forward at every gear change.
    do you know what turbo lag is bro?
    the newer generation sr20dets with variable cam timing and ball bearing turbos has pretty much no lag to speak of...with LSD and RWD...is there any competition worth speaking of????

s15 will rip a prelude. if u put a good driver in a prelude then itll come close, but put a good driver in a s15, and wot do u have? an s15 that shits over a prelude...... strraight line that is

put 2 good drivers in a lude and an s15 ....send them off on a track, and guess who will come first...

i really dont think a prelude would come close to an s15 in a straight line or in corners...despite how much i like preludes and how much i want my old one back...there's no comparison really....

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Si
    newer generation sr20dets with variable cam timing and ball bearing turbos
    guard-rail.. my fault.. i keep forgeting that the S15's has a ball-bearing turbo..

Would someone lock this thread, it's finished...
    We all know there are no comparsion's between the two cars!