Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clutch problem

Clutch problem

Dc2 vtir, every 2-3 weeks my clutch fluid level drops by like 5mm, atm I am just topping it up and monitoring. I can't find any visible leaks in the engine bay, anyone no what the problem could be?

Thanks.

If i remember, the clutch and brake fluid are the same. Maybe it's something to do with your brakes?

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX
    Don't think there is any "Clutch Fluid". Have a look under your car, take off any covers under your car. If no leaks, have a look at all your brakes, front and rear.

Check under your clutch pedal for leaks could be the clutch master

Quote Originally Posted by cuppa View Post
    If i remember, the clutch and brake fluid are the same. Maybe it's something to do with your brakes?
    Clutch fluid is the same as brake fluid, however the two reservoirs are not connected on a DC2 vtir.

Sounds like the problem is a leak somewhere in the clutch system; clean off all your leak-prone areas and re-check for leaks from the master cylinder, slave cylinder and the fittings around the lines to these areas.

I'm fairly sure the leak is at the clutch pedal. This would be the clutch master right?

Are there rebuild kits available or would I have to buy a new master.

just replace the master cylinder with a known working or preferably a new item from Honda

new master from honda is like 80-90 buks and simple to replace !

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    If it's leaking at the clutch pedal it will probably have made a wet patch on the carpet. Be careful as this fluid can damage your paint and stuff.

I replaced mine over 4 years ago with a used unit from a wrecker and it's been fine since, cost me $7. Only pain was that I had to remove my driver's seat to get enough space under the dash to work with.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Try doing it with seat still in

not even once
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    Try doing it with seat still in

not even once