Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CR-V accessories

hey guys...just wondering what exterior accessories you can get for a 1997-8 model CR-V...just wanna make it look different cause it looks really boring right now....so yeah if any1 know what i can get..thanks..

Member Array
    Car:
    NM35 Stagea
    get full bodykits from jet speed or carmate... they look a lot better afterwards but u'll b lookin at big money in doing so..
    Why VTEC when you have Turbo?

bodykit...far out man...that to much..ahaha...for a CR-V....that would set me back like 2 or 3 thousand man..

muffler tip, side-steps (if u don't have), mud flap, fog lights...

how much are fog lights.!?!...and i looked at my car there isnt really a spot for the front bumper...

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    a bash plate looks great on a cr-v. some factory mesh inserts.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    Have a look at http://www.shamsulauto.com/honda.htm

I got a heap of accessories for my 02 CRV from them. They ship to Australia. They got a bit of stuff for the 1st Gen CRV too.

there is always a gap in the bumper...u just have to shop around for a pair of foglight that will fit....around $50 to $100....

thanx...do u know where i can purchase fog-lights or even a CF bonnet..!?
    Last edited by L-Plates; 12-04-2005 at 03:34 PM.

hey there L-plates,

it's great to see someone else with a first gen CRV here
    check out some of the american sites man they go hard over their CRVs
    what i've been trying to get are black headlight housings, you can find them on eBay but they don't ship over here, however, if you're really keen, find some spares at maybe pick n' payless and DIY
    otherwise stick to maybe getting a rear spoiler. as for the fog lights, yeah they were factory spec for the 99 sports models onward, if you do get another bumper, it will be body-coloured though, and your rear bumper won't.
    let us know if you find anything good though

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by L-Plates
    thanx...do u know where i can purchase fog-lights or even a CF bonnet..!?
    um...for a typical fog-light, go to Autobarn or Supercheap auto... most mod shop has more jap-style lights but if u r stressing where to fit the lights it will be good to have more choices..For a CF bonnet..I am pretty sure there's none for RD1 with B20B or Z....have to be custom made...depends on the quality and style of it (dodgy fibre glass, vent)...it will be $1500+.....after all RD1 has a big bonnet..
    if u r really keen on modding it..as I remember there's 1 Mugen body kit got imported for RD1 somewhere in NSW....but u have to search for it as I don't know where is it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakman
    .............!?
    yes the American is going far...from a normal Frankinstein conversion to Jackson Racing supercharger...how do u go about DIY the OEM headlights and taillights???

hey slidetaker,

trouble is, with the first gen, they never released a model with fog lights, so there aren't really anyplace to mount them. just under the licence plate there are four narrow gaps, giving at most 80 mm clearance. this, coupled with the fact that it is illegal to have fog lights closer than 600 mm means that it's not worth installing them on the OEM bumper. plus, the plastic of the bumper is an unsuitable material for drilling, i think. the DIY job for the headlights would involve removing the bumper, grille and then the housings. then tos of tape, and black paint. any help would be appreciated!