Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakman
    hey slidetaker,

trouble is, with the first gen, they never released a model with fog lights, so there aren't really anyplace to mount them. just under the licence plate there are four narrow gaps, giving at most 80 mm clearance. this, coupled with the fact that it is illegal to have fog lights closer than 600 mm means that it's not worth installing them on the OEM bumper. plus, the plastic of the bumper is an unsuitable material for drilling, i think. the DIY job for the headlights would involve removing the bumper, grille and then the housings. then tos of tape, and black paint. any help would be appreciated!
    the thing is, is just a fog-light. I really doubt that u will get pull over for a pair of lights mounting too close. Is not like a cannon muffer waking up the whole neighborhood in mid-night.
    um....seen a lot of landcruiser's bullbar with pair of foglights mounted nearly touching each other...is that illegal? do u know?
    still don't get where u will put the black paint in the headlight unit??

good point slide, about the landcruisers and big 4WDs having them. difference though, is that they won't turn them on anywhere near the city. copper sees that and there will be an issue, but otherwise shouldn't be bothered. driving lights are meant to be on at any time, they're smaller diameter i think but they're good too, they can't be too close though.

do you have a crv too? see the headlight housing is a bit larger than the actual area used for reflecting the beam. it is possible to change the colour of that without affecting the beam itself. here is what it would look like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...968075684&rd=1

Quote Originally Posted by Bakman

do you have a crv too? see the headlight housing is a bit larger than the actual area used for reflecting the beam. it is possible to change the colour of that without affecting the beam itself. here is what it would look like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...968075684&rd=1
    yes I have a silver one with B20B....um....black paint that area would look sick on a black V....