Thread: Clutch kits

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R

Clutch kits

Hey i'm in the market for a new clutch/flywheel kit, my cars a dc2r with i/h/e tb/im upgrades currently and its begun slipping in all gears if i press the pedal more than 1/4 of the way.

I plan to turbo the car in 2 years time pushing 280-300hp at the wheels. Since I'm changing the clutch now, i want it to be ready for my power goals in 2 years. I've been looking at Exedy hyper single clutch kits that will handle 400hp and orc kits that will handle 300hp. I'm pretty sure these figures are at the flywheel? I don't know if the orc would be able to handle its max power for too long?

Does anyone have any experience with the exedy hyper single clutch kit or any other reputable clutches that would meet my power goals and hold up?
    Last edited by EK1 Civic; 19-12-2013 at 08:39 AM.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Ozhonda Trader Array
    We can offer you a Clutch Masters clutch kit that will easily handle that power . Clutch Masters are made in USA and hold all the Honda drag records as well as they were the winners of Fomula Drift (1st year that they took place) . Some of the cars that use Clutch Masters are the DriveShaft Shop EG (1st in the World to hit the 9sec N/A) , The SuperTech Integra and the Clutch Masters TSX and many more records....

They also offer a light weight flywheel .

I would also suggets since you are doing such a thing now it is better for you to change also the Sycnhros in Carbon and also install an LSD . We can also offer you that .
    www.extremeprojectworld.com
    Follow us on Twitter/Like us on Facebook

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I wouldn't do the clutch this early. Just hold out. 2 years on a clutch is still alot in my view (I drive alot)
    Yes yes i also know clutches can last a verrry long time.

2 Years is alot of time for you to change your mind on your turbo car. You may want something RWD, AWD etc etc.

I have driven a hyper single. Took a little effort to get used to for low speeds, but a very good clutch. (I could be biased as I have only driven Exedy or OEM branded clutchs)

Be Careful when choosing clutches.
    If you skip ahead and install a clutch that can handle 300WHp (stage 2+) 2 years before you are putting that kind of power down (or need a clutch to handle that power), those 2 years are gonna be hell. Those clutches are like a "on/off" type of deal, so engagement is not like your oem, and puts a lot of stress/shock on your gearbox when you are slamming through gears.

Just get a exedy replacement disk, and do the usual machining of the flywheel in the mean time.
    1st CLASS
    Bored? http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...k-street-build - B18 EG5 Track car BUILD.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    I don't mind dealing with it, I've driven an orc clutch on a dc5 felt nice being able to shift fast without waiting for the revs to drop on an oem clutch/fly. The labour costs nearly as much as the clutch so I'd rather do it once now and not worry about it.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.