Newcomer Array
    Car:
    IntegraDA9 1992

Integra DA9 ecu compatability with USA models

Hi, I am new to Hondas with a May 1992 Integra DA9 with B18A1 and 5 speed.

It has the engine cut-out and no hot start problem. The forum has provided lot of info and we have run lots of diagnostics and replaced the Main Fuel relay and fitted a replacement distributor unit. The CEL is on when it fails, but we can't get it to flash any code, which also hints at an ecu problem

The latest verdict from the experts is the ecu is the most likely culprit - it is fitted with a 37820-PR4-Q11 ABN.

I have posted a WTB on this forum, but all the for-sales ecus on the internet are USA based with different ecu numbers Eg PR4-A11 ABJ or PR4-L11 for a 5 speed no V-Tec OBD1. I understand the A stands for an American spec ecu.

Does anyone know if the USA/Canada ecu is compatable with australian delivered Integras?

thanks for any help

Petbro,
    Canberra
    Last edited by Petbro; 19-12-2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: correct code for ecu

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    the ECU itself is however the ROM data is not, this means the fuel and timing maps are wrong for our needs.

The USDM PR4 can be modified to suit your requirements, infact any rectangular D/B series ECU can be modified to run the DA9.